Madhubani Painting on Dupatta
Welcome to a glimpse of Bihar right here in Delhi in this unique new workshop. This experience has been put together as a workshop of Madhubani art, the folk art of Bihar. Step by step, you do the artwork on a gorgeous silk dupatta/stole which you can flaunt as a piece of art created by you!
What to expect:
- Awareness: Get to know about folk art, its significance, folk arts of India, commonalities in folk art across the world, how folk art speaks to you!.
- Appreciation: Get to know Madhubani as an art form. History, grammar, colours, motifs, special characteristics with no one but the experts.
- Application: Use your artistic creativity to translate a Madhubani artwork on a dupatta/stole.
- Notes on Madhubani, reference artwork, examples of what you can draw on your product
- Take-away: carry home a lovely silk dupatta/stole designed by you
- All art material, tea & snacks
Date: Sunday, December 15
Time: 11 am - 2 pm
Venue: Chaayos, GK1-M Block, New Delhi
Price: INR 1990
(Including all art material, snacks and a beverage)
Who we are?
The Craftsutra, we create Artsy experiences where people can engage in a variety of Art/craft forms, discover things about themselves and meet other art enthusiasts. We believe that anyone can create Art and encourage people who are even vaguely interested in art to participate in a myriad of interactive workshops.
The idea is to create unique artsy experiences, the opportunity for people to meet with like-minded folks and obviously, let people harness some painting/crafting talent while creating a memory that brings with it warmth and contentment.
To know more about us, find us on Instagram, Facebook @TheCraftsutra
M 31, M Block Market, Greater Kailash I, Greater Kailash, New Delhi, Delhi 110048