Masroor Temples (Rock-cut Temples at Masrur), Kangra
Masroor in Himachal Pradesh has a fascinating attraction. The Rock-cut Temples are cut out of a single rock to make complex structures. The group of 15 temples house intricately carved sculptures that reflect the Indo-Aryan architecture of the 7th century. Witness the expert craftsmanship that has been preserved in the rock surface for centuries when you visit the temples at Masroor.
Things to see
- The 15 Hindu temples that were cut out of a single rock.
- The sculptures of Ram, Sita and Laxman that have been cut into the rock.
- Peaceful Tatwani hot springs in Kangra.
- Ashta Yoga Valley, Dharamshala, where they offer yoga courses and workshops.
How to get there?
- Closest airport is Kangra Airport, Gaggal which takes about 51 mins to reach.
- Closest railway station is Nagrota railway station at a distance of 3.4 km.
- Closest bus station is Kangra ISBT, which is connected to all major bus routes.
Rock-cut Temples and Sculptures
Masroor Temples (Rock-cut Temples at Masrur), Kangra, Masroor, Lahalpur, Kangra, Kangra, Himachal Pradesh, 176026