Monsoon Thrilling Trek to Kalavantin
Brace up for this amazing one-day trek to Kalavantin Durg which was initially used as a watchtower. Located right next to Prabhalgad fort, this stunning ancient watchtower is situated on the old Mumbai-Pune route. Get ready to cut through lush-green thickets while you trek to Kalavantin Durg. While in the peaceful environs of this place, gather your wits for an amazing trek.
The mesmerizing scenery from this watchtower will definitely give you a memory to cherish for a lifetime. The remarkable thing of this trek is the amazing rock-cut steps that wind up their way up the mountain to take you to the top of the fort. Enthral in the panoramic view from the top, feel the thrill of an exposed climb via the stairs. Kalavantin Durg is also listed among 33 Most Beautiful Abandoned Places in one of the blogs. Witness a wide variety of flora and fauna as you trek. Enjoy the wide shots of lovely green mountains and narrow valleys as you continue your trail. Enjoy the journey, mesmerize with the beautiful winding trails leading you to the top with this pleasing trek to Kalavantin Durg.
Altitude: 2,300 ft
Type: Hill Fort
Best Time to Visit - June to August for Monsoon Trek,
Trek Duration: 1 Day.
Time took: 3 hours each way
Trail type: Rocky and muddy trails through a forest
- Scaling the peak of Maharashtra.
- Explore the one of the steepest pinnacles
- Thrilling Trek
- Beautiful landscapes
- Steep rock cut stairs
- Surreal greenery and blissful environment while Kalsubai trek
- Panoramic view of several mountains
- Mesmerizing views.
- Breathtaking beauty.
07:00 am: Meet LiveB4YouDie Team at Panvel Station
08:00 am: Reach Thakurwadi base of Prabalmachi and introduction.
08:15 am: Start trek towards Prabalmachi
09:30 am: Breakfast, Tea relaxation at Prabalmachi
10:15 am: Start trek towards Kalavantin fort
12:00 pm: Reach the pinnacle Click picture in the clouds and explore nature beauty
02:00 pm: Lunch at Prabalmachi
03.00 pm: Start descending
04.30 pm: Reach Base Thakurwadi
05.30 pm: Adios! Back to the Mumbai city life. Until next time, LiveB4YouDie
- Transport from Panvel to base village and back.
- Morning breakfast-tea
- First Aid kit
- Group expertise charges.
- Mineral Water/Cold Drinks
- Entry Fees.
- Anything that is not mentioned the in "Included" list.
Things To be carried:
- Identity Proof (Must)
- A bottle of water (2 Liters)
- Some ready to eat food - Plum cakes, Biscuits etc.
- ORS, Glucose, Electrol, Personal Care Medicine those which you require usually.
- A good Trekking Shoes, Extra pair of Socks.
- Rain cheater, Umbrella
- A haversack to put in all the things to be carried, so that one has ones hands-free while trekking.
- Pleases do not carry sling bags or Jholas.
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other Ornaments.
- Cancellations made 7 days or more in advance of the event date will incur a 50% cancellation fee.
- Cancellations made within 3 - 6 days will incur a 70% cancellation fee.
- Cancellations made within 48 hours to the event will receive no refund.
- No Show No refund.
- Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Trek leaders’ decisions will be final and binding.
- Participants or Members are responsible for his/her own safety and baggage.
- Team reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
- There is no freshen up / washroom facility at the top. There is the only a toilet at the base village.
- Avoid carrying heavy weight for the trek.
- Floaters and Sandals are not allowed, please wear sports shoes or trekking shoes of good quality.
- Hiking / Trekking / Rock climbing is an adventurous activity and accidents can happen in spite of taking utmost caution and care.
- The "LiveB4YouDie" will not be responsible for injury/accident/death to the participants.
- Participants with any medical issues /history are not allowed to opt for this event. If he/she does so that it is done at the participant's risk. The management won't be responsible for any incident.
Panvel Railway Station
Railway Station, Sector 18A, Forest Colony, New Panvel, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra 410206