Monsoon Trek to Kondana Caves & Waterfall
September 18 | 5AM
Kondhane Buddhist Caves
Invite your friends
and enjoy a shared experience
Kondana Caves are located in the small village of Kondana. This cave group has 16 Buddhist caves. The caves were excavated in first century B.C. These consist of intricate and delicate carvings of Buddhist architecture.
The beauty of these caves is enhanced in the monsoons by the waterfalls nearby. It is a sight that should not be missed and the water descends from the top of the caves
Major Attractions :
- Explore the Ancient Buddhists Caves
- Spend time at the waterfalls
- A fun trail to hike on
- Ideal for beginners
Difficulty - Easy
- 05:00 hrs – Report at SGNP Borivali
- 05:15 hrs – Leave for Base village
- 05:30 hrs – Pick up from Andheri
- 06:00 hrs – Pick up from Sion
- 06:10 hrs – Pick up from Chembur
- 06:30 hrs – Pick up from Vashi Highway
- 06:50 hrs – Pick up from Kalamboli McDonalds
- 08:30 hrs: Reach the base village, have breakfast and prepare for the trek
- 09:30 hrs: Start the short trek after a brief introduction session
- 11:00 hrs: Reach the caves and spend some time exploring the area
- 12:30 hrs: Start towards the base village
- 13:30 hrs: Reach base village and have lunch
- 15:00 hrs: Start the retursn journey towards Mumbai n in our transfer vehicle
- 18:00 hrs: Reach Mumbai Tentatively
- Transport from Mumbai in a Private Bus
- Breakfast, Tea & Lunch
- Entry Fees
- Expertise and Guide charges
- Wash Rooms & Changing rooms facilities
- Local Guide
- First Aid Certified Trek Leads
- Anything other than the above-mentioned things
- Any Personal Expenses
Things to Carry -
- Identity Proof (Mandatory)
- Bottle of Water (at least 2 litres)
- Face mask & Sanitizer
- Ready to eat food like plum cakes, dry fruits etc.
- Cap, Camera
- Good Trekking shoes
- Rain coat/ Poncho / Wind cheater please avoid umbrellas
- Personal care stuff, ORS, medicines which you require usually
- Haversack to put all the things in, please do not carry sling bags or jholas
- Cancellation charge of 15% would be deducted from the booking if cancelled 7 days before the event
- No refund would be granted if cancelled within 7 days of the event
What are the pickup locations?
05:00 hrs – Report at SGNP Borivali
05:15 hrs – Leave for Base village
05:30 hrs – Pick up from Andheri
06:00 hrs – Pick up from Sion
06:10 hrs – Pick up from Chembur
06:30 hrs – Pick up from Vashi Highway
06:50 hrs – Pick up from Kalamboli McDonalds
How will you contact me once I register?
We will be mailing you the details about the trek a day or two before the trek. We will also create a WhatsApp group on the day of the trek.
What is the difficulty level of this trek?
This trek is of easy level trek and ideal for beginners.
Will I be able to do this trek? I have not trekked before.
We encourage you to come and experience the trek with us. Trekking is not about speed and our representatives will be there to encourage you to complete the trek
What is the age limit for this trek?
The age limit for the trek is 18 years with no upper limit. Participants below the age of 18yrs need to be accompanied by a guardian
Can I come alone?
Yes, many of our participants are solo travellers.
Is it safe for a female solo traveller?
It is completely safe for a female solo traveller as our representatives will be there with you all the time. Moreover, most of our event have 60% female participation.
Can I Bring my Car?
Yes you can bring your car. Parking is available at the base village
Are washrooms available during the trek?
Basic washroom facility available at the base village
Can we smoke or drink alcohol?
Smoking or drinking alcohol is prohibited.
Would I get cellular connectivity?
You will get limited connectivity during the trek.
What type of food will I get?
Local home cooked meal for breakfast & Lunch
Will I get water during the trek?
You won’t get water during the trek; you need to carry at least 2 litres of water with you
What if I have a medical emergency?
We will carry first aid kit with us. The trek leaders will be first aid certified. If the problem increases, with the help of local villagers we will quickly get you to closest medical attention possible.
What kind of clothing we need to wear?
We recommend you wear full sleeve t-shirt and full pants. Also carry a jacket/wind cheater for the cold
Do I need special shoes?
We recommend trekking shoes or good quality sports shoes.
COVID Safety Guidelines
- Each member of the group (participants/trek leads) will need to wear protective masks while interacting with others.
- It is strongly recommended to wear caps, full sleeves shirts and full trousers and shoes for adventure activities. It reduces exposure of your body parts to Covid virus.
- It should be ascertained from the participants that they are not residing / have not travelled in a containment zone and have not come in contact with any person who was tested Covid positive in last 14 days.
- Ascertain whether any participant has any symptoms of Influenza like illness (ILI) like fever, dry cough, weakness, severe body ache etc. at the time of beginning of activity. If it is so then he/she should be asked not to participate and be evacuated on medical grounds and should be asked to report to local health authority
- Strictly avoid eating gutkha, pan masala or sniffing tapkir which induces spitting, coughing or sneezing.
- Follow safe health practices in case you want to cough, sneeze in public space or during activity.
- Trek Lead would be carrying sanitizer, spare masks, few pairs of disposable gloves (in sufficient quantity) as a Covid Protection Kit.
- Avoid touching external surfaces and touching your face when in outdoors.
- If the location of your adventure activity is too crowded then be prepared to leave or wait for the crowd to disperse/for your turn.
- It is mandatory that a participant informs the organisers if he tests positive for Covid within 14 days of returning from adventure activity. It will help the organisers to inform and alert all other persons in the group and concerned health authorities of Government, so that they can follow the medical/government norms in this regard. Here it is absolutely essential that the participant observes transparency and informs the organisers/group leaders about his Covid test results. Organisers should actively pursue this matter with participants as this is a mutual responsibility.
Kondhane Buddhist Caves
Rajmachi Trek, Kondhane, Maharashtra 410201, IndiaGET DIRECTIONS