Monsoon trek to Kothaligad Fort
Kothaligad (also called Kotligad or Kothligad or Peth) is a small Fort (3100 ft) is situated to the east of Karjat near Karjat-Murbad Road. Peth is a great place to trek near Mumbai. There is a small temple and large cave at the base and a chimney like tunnel to the top of the fort. This pinnacle is carved from inside forming a staircase reaching the top. A highly recommended place for adventure seekers & travelers.
#Event :- One day trek to Kothalighad
Difficulty : Low|| Endurance : Medium ||
Cost of the event :- 999/- per person
Height : 3100ft
Major Attractions :
• Thrilling stair climb towards the peak
• Mesmerizing landscapes
• 06:00 hrs – Meet Leaders at Borivali National Park and board the Private non a/c bus.
• 07:00 hrs – Pickup from Dadar East,Near Kotak Mahindra Bank
• 08:00 hrs – Vashi below the Bridge
• 09:15 hrs – Reach Ambivali (Base Village) and have breakfast
• 10:00 hrs – Start the trek after a brief introduction session. Enroute enjoy the mesmerizing view of the Kothaligad fort and its surroundings.
• 12:30 hrs – Reach the pinnacle, bask in the majestic view from the top, Take photos with an amazing background
• 13:00 hrs – Start the descend towards peth village (After a mandatory group pic obviously :P!!!)
• 14;00 hrs – Lunch at Pethwadi Village
• 15:00 hrs – Start our Journey back to Base Village
• 16:30 hrs – Reach Ambivali, say your goodbyes with a promise to meet again. Leave for Mumbai in our transfer vehicle. This brings us to the end of the trip, or rather just the beginning.
• Borivali to Borivali Transport
• Breakfast, and Lunch
• Entry Charges
• Expertise and Guide charges
• Wash Rooms & Changing rooms facilities
• First Aid Certified Trek Leads
• Anything other than the above-mentioned things
Things To Be carried:
Identity proof (must)
Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc.(optional)
A bottle of water (at-least 2 Ltrs) Compulsory
TORCH with extra batteries Cap, etc.
Medicine those if u require usually (Optional)
A good trekking shoes, extra pair of floaters, extra clothes.
A haversack to put in all the things to be carried so that one has ones hands free while trekking.
Pleases do not carry sling bags or Jholas.
Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments.
Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet. Double pack your valuables in plastic bags.
No Smoking, tobacco and alcohol
Be a group - its not a race
NO littering please...we are educated :)
The leader’s decision will be final and binding on all members. No Arguments will be entertained.
Sanjay Gandhi National Park - Main Gate
Western Railways, Borivali East, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400066