Night Trek to Mt.Kalsubai
Go where you feel most alive.
It's time to upgrade the level of your adventure and feel the real thrill..!
Somewhere between the bottom of the climb and the summit is the answer to the mystery why we climb.
*Trekking to the most beautiful peak & Say hello to Kalsubai, which is the highest peak in Maharashtra*
Why Kalsubai should be your next trekking destination?
Surrounded by lush green forests and fields, the trekking route towards Maharashtra's Highest Peak is a surreal experience for all the nature lovers and trek enthusiasts. Challenging yet fun-filled, trek towards the highest summit will test your patience and offer an amazing panoramic view of several more mountain ranges like Alang, Madangad, Kulang, Ratangad (southwest) and to the south Pabhargad, Ghanchakkar & Harishchandragad. Also, attempting to climb the most wish-listed mountain in the Sahyadri offers a great sense of achievement for most of the trekking enthusiasts
The story behind Kalsubai Unveiled
It is truly believed by the local villagers that a housemaid residing in a nearby village had disappeared near the mountain while trying to escape her employer's harsh suffering. This gives the mountain its present name as well as a reason for this temple to be built in her memory.
More about the climbing patches and Summit (Kalsubai Shikhar)
Nestled among several slopes, Kalsubai is a mix of easy to ascend slopes as well as rocky patches overlooking the valley below. To reach the Summit, Govt. has built many iron ladders along the vertical hill slopes.
Before the final lap, there comes a resting post where you can halt and enjoy having hot tea as well as crispy snacks. On the peak, there exists a temple devoted to Kalsubai Mata where local villagers offer prayers and perform Pujas during festivals.
- Scaling the highest peak of Maharashtra.
- Bhandardara backwaters.
- Kalsubai Temple.
- Rainy season first trek.
- Local food.
- Mesmerizing views.
- Breathtaking beauty.
Meeting point: Kasara stn ticket counter (11:15 pm)
08:30 pm: Board the 08:52 pm Kasara Fast from CST on
Saturday night and meet the Bhatakna team at Kasara station
ticket counter by 11:15 pm.
11:30 pm: We board privately booked vehicles and head
to Bari, where we will be commencing our trek. It'll take
us approximately an hour to reach the village.
01:15 am: We reach Bari, from where you can get a glimpse
of Kalsubai peak rest for a while and get ready to start
02:45 am: Gear up, pack your bags and get your torches
out! It's gonna be a long and dark climb to the top. We
will make a few halts on the way where you can grab
your snack or a drink.
06:00 am: We reach Kalsubai temple in time for the
sunrise. You get a beautiful view of Bhandardara's
Arthur lake from the summit.
06:45 am: We start our descent. Finally, you get a view
of the surroundings you climbed through in the night.
07:00 am: grab a quick breakfast on the mountain and start the descent.
11:00 am: We reach back down at the base village.
11:30 pm: Time to head back to Kasara station.
03:00 pm: Adios! Back to the mundane city life. Until
next time, Bhatakna!
- Transport from Kasara to Kasara by Private Zeep.
- Morning breakfast-tea.
- First Aid kit.
- Bhatakna Expertise Representative.
- forest entry charges.
- train tickets
- extra meals cold drinks.
- Water bottles
- anything not mentioned above.
- Confirmation only after full payment
- on first come first serve basis.
- So please register at earliest and book
- your tents in advance!
- Booking is non-refundable.
- Note entry will be confirmed only after
- the full payment.
Think To be carried:
- Identity Proof
- Bottle of Water (at least 2 liters)
- Ready to eat food like plum cakes, dry fruits etc.
- Jackets and woolens as it would get cold in the night
- and morning.
- Cap, Camera
- Good Trekking shoes
- Personal care stuff, ORS, medicines which you require
- A haversack to put all the things in, please do not carry
- sling bags or jholas
- Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Trek leader's decisions will be final and binding.
- Participants or Members are responsible for his/her own safety and baggage.
- Team "Bhatakna" reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
- There is no freshen up / washroom facility at the top. There is the only toilet in the base village.
- Avoid carrying heavyweight for the trek.
- Floaters and Sandals are not allowed, please wear sports shoes or trekking shoes of good quality.
- IMPORTANT: Participants with any medical issues /history are not allowed to opt for this event. If he/she does so that it is done at the participant's risk. The management won't be responsible for any incident.
Kalsubai Bari Village, 422403 Igatpuri, India