Night Trek to Skandagiri | Plan The Unplanned
Located at a distance of approximately 70 KM from Bangalore, Skandagiri is the perfect weekend getaway for all those adventurous and wanderlust souls who are looking forward to doing something exciting!
Historically known as Kalwarbetta or Kalavara Durga, the mountain fortress of Skandagiri holds immense importance – it is said that this fortress was built by Tipu Sultan which has been left deserted since 1791 after he lost the Anglo-Mysore War. Since then, the fortress has been weathered away and now, it’s nothing but just the ruins that remain. However, the beauty of Skandagiri has increased over time, and in today’s date, it is one of the most popular weekend getaways from Bangalore! It’s one of the few trekking routes around Bangalore where a night trek is possible.
Start from Bangalore at 10 PM on Saturday
Reach the basecamp by 2 AM
Start the trek at 4 AM and reach the peak
Descend, reach back to the base by 9 AM
Have breakfast on the way back
Depart and reach Bangalore by 2:00 PM on Sunday (approx)
Guide and entry charges for trek
Experience that you gain
Any kind of insurance
Personal Expense(snacks, mineral water etc.)
Fabindia – House No. 54, 17th Main Road, Opp. Madivala Masjid, Koramangala 2nd Block, Sidharata Colony, Santhosapuram, Koramangala 2nd Block, Koramangala, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
New Shanti Sagar Hotel – Old Airport Road, Domlur, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
KTM Mekhri Circle – Mekhri Circle Junction, Raj Mahal Vilas Extension, Armane Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
Kindly note the timings for the above pickups, would be updated to you a day before the trek.
Things To Carry
- Yourself (That’s most important – after all you paid us!)
- Rucksack (Just stuff your things in!)
- 2 water bottle – 1 litre each (Dehydration is much needed.)
- Torch/Headlamp (It’ll be really dark at night.)
- Portable charger (You might just want to keep your phone aside, but then, selfies toh banta hai!)
- Deodorant (You shouldn’t stink!)
- Paytm balance (Thanks to Demonetization)
- Money (You’ll not need it, but do carry some!)
- Energy Food ( Chocolate bars, Electrolyte drinks – Glucon-D, etc ) (You can carry some extra – we don’t mind to share!)
- Raincoat / Bag cover (Of course, you don’t want your rucksack to get all wet!)
- An extra pair of clothes, socks, undergarments, T-Shirt (And we don’t want you to walk in drenched clothes!)
- Flip-flops (Just to laze around the campsite.)
- First Aid Kit (along with personal medicine as per your requirement)
- Toilet kit (Not much would be required – just your toothbrush would do)
- Towel (Oh! We believe in saving water. Let’s ditch bathing for two days!)
OPTIONAL: AUX CABLE, UNO, BLUETOOTH SPEAKER, GUITAR/ANY MUSIC INSTRUMENT, or any other games.