Offbeat Tour to Lonar Crater
November 12 - 13 | 9 PM
CST Mumbai - Ticket Counter
Lonar Sarovar has a stunning landscape, with its own and the only Hypervelocity Crater on the Earth. Geological studies have revealed that the lake is more than 52,000 years old.
The place is important not just for its crater lake, but also for the charming temples in the area. Although, one can only see the ruins of the temple remains today, the village around the crater is abound with legend of Lonar. You can also see numerous peafowls that have made the crater their home and also find lots of migratory birds.
Join Mumbai Travellers, as they put together an offbeat trip to this wonder.
- Early Morning 5 AM reach Jalna railway station. Proceed towards the Buldhana District by private / public transportation. Enroute halt for the cup of hot tea. Breakfast on reaching Lonar, check in hotel. Know each-other session and briefing about the greatness of Lonar crater by famous researcher and author Mr.Bugdane. Rest for a while.
- Post lunch start with the legendary Parikrama trek to Asia’s one of the largest craters. Enjoy the combination of shining sun rays, blue-green water, lush greenery around lake and the hide n seek of clouds in the sky. Finish Parikrama and explore the Daitya Sudan Temple and nearby temples & cultural heritage of Lonar in and about 4 Hrs. Evening refreshment & discussion session. Lights off for a tight sleep.
- Early morning wake up call and breakfast. After breakfast, head towards the small trek down to the Lonar crater and enjoy basic birdwatching and photography in nearby location. Check Out from the hotel. Have Lunch and Leave from Lonar. En-route visit and explore the Rajmata Jijabai Birthplace. Reach Jalna by 07-08 pm. Board Nandigram Express at 8.15 pm from Jalna and reach Mumbai by 5.40 am (CST timing)
- Tour concludes with the Happy Moments
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Non a/c Accommodation at MTDC / Hotel Krushna on dormitory sharing basis
- All transfers by private non-a.c vehicle (Ex-Jalna)
- All Veg Meals (i.e. 2 Breakfast, 2 Lunch and 1 Dinner)
- A popular book on LONAR CRATER by Mr. Bugdane (Researcher and Author)
- Guide and Expertise charges
- All Permit and taxes
- Government Service Tax
- Any Transfers & meals till Jalna and back
- Dinner on Day 2
- Any other thing then mentioned inclusions
- If cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 85% will be refunded
- If done prior to 10 days of outing 55% will be refunded
- After that no refund will be provided
- CST to Jalna : Devgiri Express
- Jalna to CST : Nandigram Express
CST Mumbai - Ticket Counter
CST, Fort, Mumbai
Terms & Conditions
- Book your seats well in advance to get confirmed train tickets. You may get in touch with us for assistance regarding the train / flight booking, we will be happy to help you !
- As it is totally eco-destination, there are very basic facility available and limited sources available for the stay, vehicle and meals. Mumbai Travellers are serving the best facility available at Lonar Crater, Jalna.
- The right of the admission is reserved with the organizer.
- 48 – 24 Hours prior to your event date, the organizer shall send you a mail with complete details of point of contact, things to carry, directions etc
- The organizer does not take the responsibility for the loss or theft of any personal belongings or any injury that the ticket holder may accrue at the event.
- Smoking and drinking is strictly prohibited.
- Any inappropriate behaviour by any of the participants shall lead to eviction from the event.
- We recommend that you arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the starting time.
- Let us know about any allergies that you may have.