Palakkad Fort, Palakkad
The Palakkad Fort is an old and well-preserved fort situated in the heart of Palakkad, Kerala. From the hands of Hyder Ali in 1766 to that of the British Colonel Stuart in 1790, the fort has gone through modifications and witnessed the reign of different rulers. Step into God's own country and see for yourself how it still houses our rich and ancient heritage with pride!
Things to see
- Kota-Maidan which translates to fort ground
- Rappadi, an open-air auditorium
- Lord Hanuman’s shrine, located near the fort’s main entrance
- Archaeology museum inside the fort
- Jogging track, open during morning and evening
How to get there?
- Nearest airport: Coimbatore International Airport, at a distance of 68 km. Alternatively, fly down to Cochin International Airport, 112 km from the Fort.
- Palakkad Town is the nearest railway station at a distance of 3 km from the fort. Palakkad Junction also known as Olavakode railway station is also a good option as it is approximately 6kms from the fort.
- If you are planning a road trip, below mentioned are the distances from major cities in Kerala to the Palakkad fort:
- 52 km from Coimbatore
- 141 km from Kochi
- 64 km from Thrissur
- 130 km from Kozhikode
Fort, Palakkad, Palakkad
Palakkad Fort, Palakkad, Palakkad-Koduvayur, Thathamangalam-Meenakshipuram Highway, Kenathuparambu, Kunathurmedu, Palakkad, Palakkad, Kerala, 678001