Pangarchulla Peak Trek
Pangarchulla, also called the Chimney Peak, is a beautiful peak situated in the Garhwal Himalayas of Uttarakhand. Standing at an altitude of 14,700 feet, the summit offers breathtakingly panoramic views of Himalayan peaks such as Mana, Nanda Devi, Chaukhamba, Vasudhara falls, Kalanka, Mandir, Ghodi, Hathi, Barmal, Lampak Massif, Dronagiri, etc. It is a 4 days trek accompanied by 2 days of travelling which makes a complete tour of 6 days. The difficulty level varies from moderate to difficult which means it is recommended for experienced trekkers. Added advantage of this trek is that one can cover Kuari Pass as well as Auli (a renowned ski destination) in this trek.
Day 1 : Drive from Dehradun/Haridwar to Joshimath
- Gather at Dehradun ISBT or Haridwar Railway Station by 7 AM and move towards Joshimath. Joshimath is around 300 km from Dehradun and it will take around 10-11 hours to reach there. The journey will be through Rishikesh, Devprayag, Srinagar, Rudraprayag and Karnaprayag. Reach Joshimath and relax in the guest house. Dinner and Overnight stay in the guest house.
Day 2 : Drive from Joshimath to Dhak and Trek to Khullara
- We have our breakfast and drive towards Dhak village which is the last road head for this trek. From Dhak, we will start our trek towards our first camping destination, i.e., Khullara. Khullara is around 7 km from Dhak. We take the dusty trail and cross through few water streams. We have our lunch at Gulling which is around 4 km from Dhak and then continue our trek towards Khullara which is further 3 km from Gulling. Reach Khullara and enjoy the dense forest views around the campsite. Overnight stay in camps.
Day 3 : Trek from Khullara to Kuari Pass and back to Pangarchulla peak base camp.
- Today's trek is long but it will be gradual. Pangarchulla peak is visible from throughout the trek. Few more remarkable peaks are visible such as Neelkanth, Kamet, Chaukhamba, and Bhagirathi 1, 2, 3. Reach the pass and enjoy the scenic views. After spending an hour at the pass, we head back towards our campsite, base camp of Pangarchulla peak.
Day 4 : Base camp to Pangarchulla Summit and back to Tali.
- Today is the D-day of the trek as we climb the Pangarchulla summit. We start a bit early as it is the longest and toughest day of the trek. The trail up to the summit is steep and it may require few pieces of equipment depending upon the terrain conditions. We target to reach the summit by noon. Enjoy the breathtaking views of Greater Himalayas from the summit. We then descend back from the summit and approach towards our campsite, i.e., Tali. Reach the campsite and relax. Overnight stay in the camps.
Day 5 : Trek from Tali to Auli and drive to Joshimath
- This is the last day of the trek. We take the downhill trail towards Auli and trek through the alluring Gorson Bugyal. Reach Auli, which is a renowned site for Skiing. After reaching Auli, we board the taxi and travel to Joshimath. Overnight stay in the guest house.
Day 6 : Drive from Joshimath to Haridwar/Dehradun
- We retrace the same route and travel to Haridwar or Dehradun. We reach by evening. Trekking tour ends here.
Transport from Dehradun/Haridwar to Joshimath and back
Stay in guest houses at Joshimath
Stay in camps during the trek
All camping equipment including camps, sleeping bags, and mattress
All meals during the trek and stay
Certified Trek Leader
Experienced Local Guide
All Trekking Permits
Any meals apart from inclusions
Meals during bus journey
Offloading charges- INR 250 per bag per day and should be informed 3 days before the trek.
Anything that is not mentioned in inclusions
Booking amount is non-refundable.
No refund of total trip amount will be provided on cancellation, 10 days prior to departure date.
50% of total trip amount can be refunded on cancellation between 11-20 days prior to scheduled departure date.
90% of total trip amount can be refunded on cancellation between 21-90 days prior to scheduled departure date.
100% of total trip amount can be refunded on cancellation, 90+ days prior to scheduled departure date.
If due to any unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control. Act of God, we won't be able to refund the complete amount.
For Cancellations/ Refund Request , kindly reply to the confirmation mail and get in touch with the Team. All cancellations will be considered only after the mail has been received.