Parashar Lake Trek
October 2 | 8PM - January 1 | 10PM
Invite your friends
and enjoy a shared experience
Invite your friends
and enjoy a shared experience
Parashar lake is the perfect place to enjoy some peaceful time while also having to envision an adventurous journey ahead. The Parashar Lake trek is famous for many things including the Parashar temple, its hilly climb, breathtaking weather in Parashar and of course, the lake itself.
In order to reach Parashar lake, one has to first cover the distance between Mandi and Parashar, Where the village Mandi being the starting point for anyone visiting Parashar lake. camping near Parashar lake. Trek distance for this trip sums up to be around 7.5 Km and makes up for a wonderful uphill climbing experience.
The Parashar lake is treated as a sacred place by all the locals and is located at an elevation of 2730 m from the ground. The best time to visit Parashar lake is during the months of November- December when the whole environment is covered with white snow all over.
There are a ton of places to visit near Parashar lake, which are equally beautiful and can add to your experience. Bijli Mahadev Temple, Lord Ramchandra Temple, and Kulant Pith are a few examples of the same. Also, if you are looking for places to stay near Parashar lake then your best bet could be camping near Parashar lake, a forest guest house or one could take shelter in the Parashar temple itself.
The reasons you need to check out Parashar lake trek in 2019 are far more than many but if you still got doubts then let us clear them up while you are on a trip to Parashar lake with Justwravel.
Day 0 : Drive from Delhi to Baggi
- Assemble at Akshardham Metro Station / Majnu ka Tila by 8 PM. We start our journey towards Baggi which is 40kms from Mandi by 8:15 PM.
- We take our first stop at a restaurant near Murthal for Dinner and then continue our drive to Baggi via Mandi in Himachal Pradesh
Day 1 : Baggi to Parashar Lake
- Reach Mandi in the morning by 7 AM, from Mandi it's a short 2-hour drive to Baggi village, which is the starting point of the trek. Relax a bit and start your trek to Parashar Lake. The total distance of the trek is 8 km and the trail passes through dense forest.
- The initial trail is through a path full of boulders and water streams. Mind your step while crossing the streams as stones remain slippery. After this stretch of about half km, you will reach the forest and from where the real trek starts. The whole trek is steep and uphill and it passes through dense forest. After an uphill walk of around 5 km, you will reach a small meadow, which is a nice place to relax.
- One can have its first sight of snowcapped peaks from the meadow. After this meadow, the trek seems little easy. It takes around 4-5 hours to reach the lake. The lake is pristine and is surrounded by green pastures. There is a pagoda temple standing near the lake. After reaching there, explore the lake and the temple. Have dinner and bonfire in the night. Overnight stay in tents.
Day 2 : Parashar Lake to Baggi to Delhi
- Wake up early and enjoy the sunrise. Explore the area near lake and after breakfast, start your downhill trek towards Baggi.
- It takes around 3 hours to reach Baggi village. Our vehicle will pick you from Baggi and we will start our return journey to Delhi.
- Reach New Delhi early morning by 7 AM.
Transport Delhi to Delhi (Volvo bus / Tempo Traveller)
4 Meals ( 2 Breakfast , 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner)
Camp Stay on Twin/triple sharing basis
Any meals other than mentioned, during travel time
Any Personal Expenses / Tips / Beverages / Meals that are not mentioned in the itinerary.
Sightseeing in Location, any Permits, Activities, Accommodation or Transfers other than what is mentioned in the itinerary.
Insurance, Items of personal nature like porterage, tips, laundry, etc
Any additional expenses arising out of unforeseen circumstances like cancellation/roadblocks/landslides/ strike or any other natural causes out of human control or any emergency evacuation expenses.
Any expenses for optional activities or tickets, unless quoted in Inclusions
Any Kind of Expense for Loss / Misplaced / Theft of personal belongings- Individuals need to take care of their personal belongings
Anything that is not mentioned in the above list of inclusions.
Booking amount is non-refundable.
No refund of total trip amount will be provided on cancellation, 10 days prior to departure date.
50% of total trip amount can be refunded on cancellation between 11-20 days prior to scheduled departure date.
90% of total trip amount can be refunded on cancellation between 21-90 days prior to scheduled departure date.
100% of total trip amount can be refunded on cancellation, 90+ days prior to scheduled departure date.
If due to any unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control. Act of God, we won't be able to refund the complete amount.
For Cancellations/ Refund Request , kindly reply to the confirmation mail and get in touch with the Team. All cancellations will be considered only after the mail has been received.
Things To Pack
Down Jacket (Main jacket)
Tshirt or Fleece
Extra pair of Socks
Trekking/ Hiking Shoes (Forclaz 100 and above or Arpenaz 100. Checkout in Decathlon stores)
Rucksack (At least 40L)
Mufflers/ Neck Warmer
Extra pair of Clothes
First Aid Kit
*Add extra thermal layers and sweater during the winter season
D.P.F. Parashar Dhar, Himachal Pradesh 175005GET DIRECTIONS