Parashar Lake Trek
Parashar Lake is a sacred lake located on the top of a hill near the Baggi village in the Mandi district. The lake is situated at a height of 2730m above sea level and it is dedicated to Sage Parashar. There is a temple situated near the lake and is believed to be built in the 13th century.
The lake houses a floating island which keeps changing its position time to time. With many stories doing the round few believed that it hasn’t shifted for the past three months and with the help of island shifts locals can predict weather conditions and can be prepared for worse.
According to locals, it is said that the water level of the lake has been maintained for centuries now. There is no water source to the lake. The lake is surrounded by snow-laden peaks of Himachal Pradesh most of the time of the year. One can have clear views of mighty peaks such as Indrasan, Deo Tibba, etc. It is one of the few weekend treks from Delhi and Chandigarh.
Day 0 : Drive from Delhi to Baggi
- Assemble at Akshardham Metro Station / Majnu ka Tila by 8:45 PM. We start our journey towards Baggi which is 40kms from Mandi by 9 PM.
- We take our first stop at a restaurant near Murthal for Dinner and then continue our drive to Baggi via Mandi in Himachal Pradesh
Day 1 : Baggi to Parashar Lake
- Reach Mandi in the morning by 7 AM, from Mandi it's a short 2-hour drive to Baggi village, which is the starting point of the trek. Relax a bit and start your trek to Parashar Lake. The total distance of the trek is 8 km and the trail passes through dense forest.
- The initial trail is through a path full of boulders and water streams. Mind your step while crossing the streams as stones remain slippery. After this stretch of about half km, you will reach the forest and from where the real trek starts. The whole trek is steep and uphill and it passes through dense forest. After an uphill walk of around 5 km, you will reach a small meadow, which is a nice place to relax.
- One can have its first sight of snowcapped peaks from the meadow. After this meadow, the trek seems little easy. It takes around 4-5 hours to reach the lake. The lake is pristine and is surrounded by green pastures. There is a pagoda temple standing near the lake. After reaching there, explore the lake and the temple. Have dinner and bonfire in the night. Overnight stay in tents.
Day 2 : Parashar Lake to Baggi to Delhi
- Wake up early and enjoy the sunrise. Explore the area near lake and after breakfast, start your downhill trek towards Baggi.
- It takes around 3 hours to reach Baggi village. Our vehicle will pick you from Baggi and we will start our return journey to Delhi.
- Reach New Delhi early morning by 7 AM.
Transport Delhi to Delhi (Volvo bus / Tempo Traveller)
4 Meals ( 2 Breakfast , 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner)
Camp Stay on Twin/triple sharing basis
Any meals other than mentioned, during travel time
Any Personal Expenses / Tips / Beverages / Meals that are not mentioned in the itinerary.
Sightseeing in Location, any Permits, Activities, Accommodation or Transfers other than what is mentioned in the itinerary.
Insurance, Items of personal nature like porterage, tips, laundry, etc
Any additional expenses arising out of unforeseen circumstances like cancellation/roadblocks/landslides/ strike or any other natural causes out of human control or any emergency evacuation expenses.
Any expenses for optional activities or tickets, unless quoted in Inclusions
Any Kind of Expense for Loss / Misplaced / Theft of personal belongings- Individuals need to take care of their personal belongings
Anything that is not mentioned in the above list of inclusions.
Booking amount is non-refundable.
No refund of total trip amount will be provided on cancellation, 10 days prior to departure date.
50% of total trip amount can be refunded on cancellation between 11-20 days prior to scheduled departure date.
90% of total trip amount can be refunded on cancellation between 21-90 days prior to scheduled departure date.
100% of total trip amount can be refunded on cancellation, 90+ days prior to scheduled departure date.
For Cancellations/ Refund Request , kindly reply to the confirmation mail and get in touch with the Team. All cancellations will be considered only after the mail has been received.
Things To Pack
Down Jacket (Main jacket)
Tshirt or Fleece
Extra pair of Socks
Trekking/ Hiking Shoes (Forclaz 100 and above or Arpenaz 100. Checkout in Decathlon stores)
Rucksack (At least 40L)
Mufflers/ Neck Warmer
Extra pair of Clothes
First Aid Kit
*Add extra thermal layers and sweater during the winter season