Purana Qila (Old Fort), Delhi
Having been inhabited right from 300 BC, Purana Qila is where you can sneak a peek into the city's past. It is said to be one of the most ancient sites in Delhi. The stories also go that Indraprastha, the legendary capital of the Pandavas, was located here. What you'll find standing today at Purana Qila itself are three gateways, a stunning mosque, a stepwell, a bath complex and a pleasure resort-turned-library.
Things to see
- A laser light show called 'Ishq-e-Dilli' performed in every evening beside Humayuni Gateway
- Gallery that houses artefacts from Harappa, Mohenjodaro and other ancient sites
- The Qila-e-Kohna mosque
- Sher Mandal, a library built by Sher Shah Suri
- Khairul Manazil Masjid
How to get there?
- Nearest Airport: Indira Gandhi International Airport
- Nearest Railway Station: Hazrat Nizamuddin Railway Station
- Nearest Bus Station: ISBT Kashmiri Gate and Anand Vihar ISBT Terminal
- Nearest metro station to Purana Qila: Pragati Maidan Metro Station
Purana Qila (Old Fort), Delhi, Mathura Road, Pragati Maidan, New Delhi, Central Delhi, Delhi, 110003, Near Delhi Zoo