Rang Ghar (Ranghar Pavilion), Joysagar
The Ranghar was constructed to watch cultural programs and games organized in the Rupahi Pathar. Islamic architecture is clearly visible in the octagonal-shaped structure supported by rows of massive columns and semi-circular arches. You’d be fascinated to know that the structure is built with mortar made from Bora Chaul – a sticky variety of rice, pulses called Maati Maah, a fish named Borali Mach, and eggs. Visit and explore this unique structure glued together with edible items!
Things to see
- The series of arches adorned with floral and geometrical designs.
- The beautiful Rupahi Pathar currently maintained as manicured lawns.
- An Ahom royal long boat with Makara endings & a trefoil arch canopy in the centre adorning the roof.
- The two beautiful stone-carved crocodile structures on either side of the entrance.
How to get there?
- To reach the Ranghar, you can take a flight to either of Jorhat Airport or the Dibrugarh Airport.
- You can also take a train to the Simaluguri Railway Station and avail a taxi to the site.
- The Sivasagar Bus Station is the major bus terminus close to the Ranghar.
Rang Ghar (Ranghar Pavilion), Joysagar, AT Rd, Dicial Dhulia Gaon, Joysagar, Sivasagar, Assam, 785697GET DIRECTIONS