Rani Mahal (Palace of Rani Laxmi Bai), Jhansi
Nestled near the Jhansi Fort, Rani Mahal was once the residence of Rani Lakshmi Bai. After Raja Gangadhar Rao's death, the queen started residing in the mansion. Built by Raghunath II Newalkar, the palace was considered as one of the important centres of the Great Sepoy Mutiny of 1857. Today, the Rani Mahal is converted into a museum. You can explore the various paintings, sculptures and objects collected from the times of Gupta and Maurya Dynasty, some dating back to the 9th and 12th century.
Things to see
- Fort of Jhansi built by Raja Bir Singh Judao in the 17th century.
- The most famous church in Jhansi, St. Jude’s Shrine that lies about 3 km from Rani Mahal.
- Just a few metres from Rani Mahal is the famous Iskcon Temple.
- 15 km from Jhansi is the Orchha Fort complex.
How to get there?
- Nearest Airport: The Gwalior Airport
- Nearest Railway Station: Jhansi Junction
- Nearest Bus Station: Jhansi Bus Station
Rani Lakshmi Bai Mahal
Rani Mahal (Palace of Rani Laxmi Bai), Jhansi, Rani Mahal, Jhansi, Jhansi, Uttar Pradesh, 284002GET DIRECTIONS