Road Trip to Tawang - Festival Special | Muddie Trails
October 21 | 2 PM
Guwahati International Airport
Invite your friends
and enjoy a shared experience
Invite your friends
and enjoy a shared experience
This October, it's time to tick off another dream destination in your bucket list!
Muddie Trails presents a road trip to Tawang famously know as the birthplace of Dalai Lama.
Located at a height of about 3048m, Tawang is known for Tibetan culture and beautiful monasteries.
It's a place which will flatter you with its natural beauty wrapped in the scent of spirituality.
It's a perfect getaway for mountain lovers who wish to escape the hectic city life and experience the charm and beauty of nature!
#getmuddie in Tawang!
- Meet at the arrival terminal of Guwahati Airport before 2 PM.
- As you have a long and treacherous journey to make till Tawang, quickly finish your lunch and start your journey and reach Nagao/Tezpur by night and setup of transit camp.
- Enjoy the Assamese cuisine, sit by the campfire (subject to availability) and gaze at a million stars and indulging in some enticing conversations.
Day 2 Monday 22nd Oct:
- Start an early day (5 AM) and have quick breakfast at the campsite and head out on your journey into the mountains, the journey is long and straining but the view of lush green mountains make it all worth it.
- Reach Sangti Valley in Dhirang by evening as a campsite set in the middle of the mountains awaits you.
- Enjoy sumptuous local brews, food with bonfire and loads of fun-filled conversations.
Day 3 Tuesday 23rd Oct:
- Shun away the travel fatigue with a lazy start to the day at the campsite and leave for Thembang at 10 AM after a sumptuous breakfast at the campsite.
- Thembang is an 11th Century fortified village which is now recognized as a UNESCO world heritage site.
- This village had a lot of historical significance even during the Sino-Indian Wars.
- The visuals from the mountaintop are sure to transport you into the realms of peace and tranquillity.
- Basing on the available time, you will also make a visit to Dhirang Monastery and hot water springs before you head back to the campsite to witness the exquisite cultural performances by locals over dinner.
Day 4 Wednesday 24th Oct:
- Post a quick breakfast at the campsite, say goodbye to Sangi Valley and make your way to Tawang.
- Enroute, you will witness the landscapes changing from Himalayan wetlands to dry Trans-Himalayan Range.
- You will also witness a barrage of army vehicles and army check-posts as you approach Sela Pass, the highest point en route Tawang.
- Have a quick stop at Sela Pass for pictures and also experience the hospitality of Indian Army at their café.
- Reach Tawang by evening as sumptous Arunachali cuisine awaits you at the hotel.
Day 5 Thursday 25th Oct:
- Start the day at 9:30 AM with a quick breakfast and head out to visit China!
- Yes! Muddie Trails will take the necessary permissions required from Army and head to BumLa Pass, the border post of India and China!
- On your way back, you will also visit breathtakingly beautiful Sangetsar Lake and Ptso Lake.
- Evening time, visit the War Memorial and admire the gallant work of the Indian Army during the Sino-Indian wars.
- Reach back to the hotel by evening for some delicious dinner over drinks and dinner.
Day 6 Friday 26th Oct:
- Let the festivities began! Wake up to the sounds of drums and trumpets and witness the opening ceremony of the Tawang Festival with street carnival, masked dance performances, and cultural shows!!
- The vibe of the town sucks you into the lesser known Monpa Tibetan culture and well preserved Buddhist traditions.
- Post lunch, visit 700 year old Chakzam Bridge and Kitpi Village and Buddha Park.
- Reach the town back by evening and participate in more festivities, enjoying local food and drinks till late in the night!
Day 7 Saturday 27th Oct:
- Start an early day, have a sumptuous breakfast and visit the Tawang Monastery
- After soaking in the breathtaking views of the Monastery, come back to the hotel and check out to say goodbye to Tawang and its endearing hospitality.
- Reach Dhirang by night and call it an early night with a basic dinner at the monastery or any local eatery. To start an early day to reach Guwahati
Day 8 Sunday 28th Oct:
- Wake up, enjoy breakfast and then pack your bags for the return journey to Guwahati.
- The long drive through dense forests will have numerous viewpoints, you could stop and admire the spots keeping track of time to reach Guwahati by Night.
- As your trip to the tranquil Tawang Valley has come to end, reach the homestay by night and recollect the tales and memories while browsing umpteen number of pictures clicked, and call it a night as late as you want basing on your flight time the next day morning.
- Lunch on all days
- Any personal shopping or purchases
- Any snacks/aerated drinks/water bottles/beverages etc.
- Fees or tickets for any unscheduled activities
- Expenses towards repeat of any activities
- Any expense that is out of the scope of itinerary
- Any fines or duties levied by local authorities for any misconduct
- Any fees or charges levied towards use of your personal photography equipment.
- Any exigency purchases made during the stay
- Charges towards any medical emergencies during the tour
NoteArunachal is a special state and it’s a prerequisite to apply for ILP prior to arrival. MT will get it done online on prior submission of all necessary documents by the guests. Otherwise guests would be required to obtain their ILPs at their own cost and convenience. For more details, visit www.arunachalilp.com MT will not be responsible for any cost arising due to natural calamities like landslide, road blockage, political disturbance (strikes), or the line which are beyond MTs control, etc. Bookings open till 31st August 2018 or till seats occupied
- This is gonna be a backpacking trip where the facilities would be basic but the experience would be wonderful
- Travellers are expected to sign a waiver form before starting the trip
- By paying the registration fee you are giving unconditional acceptance of the Terms & Conditions mentioned in the other tab
Travelers are requested to refrain from asking organizers to take them to ABC temple or XYZ church. The itinerary is already decided and posted based on their offbeat theme. The organizer will only change the itinerary if any place cannot be done because of unpredictable reasons. If you have a wish list of tourist places to tick off in your mind, then probably Muddie Trails is not for you and they request you – please do not register.
- Nobody shall deviate from trek path led by organizers/guide.
- During the meetup, Muddie Trails is not responsible in case of any injuries or animal attacks or reptile bites.
- Expect the unexpected in case of wild forests like the sudden closing of trek path by govt/forest department(because of wild animal sighting/landslide/some crime), in which case they may have to cancel the trek (this is very rare – never happened till now). In this case, the organizer will plan for alternate trek/trip. If this is not possible then Muddie Trails will refund the remaining amount after removing the travel cost.
- Travellers are expected to respect each other and help each other.
- Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics and religion/race.
- Using foul or abusive language or arguing with fellow travellers/organizer will not be acceptable and will stand a chance of being deserted by the travel group.
- Do not advice organizer on the schedule or activities.
Guwahati International Airport
Borjhar, Guwahati, Assam 781015GET DIRECTIONS
- Unsure if you would be able to go?
Worried your boss may cancel your holiday or your professor may put up weekend lectures? Dont worry, you can easily transfer your ticket to your friend later!
- Going out with friends?
Unlock rewards or cashbacks the next time you are going to an event with your friends. Just use the ‘Buy Together’ option for an event if you see one on its page.
Paytm Insider is a platform that helps you discover and buy the best in events, travel and food in your city. We strive to curate experiences that are worth your time and money, possibly something you have never tried before.
For event organizers
Paytm Insider is built by the same team that created Bacardi NH7 Weekender (us) and we sure know what goes into putting together a great experience. Our technology, marketing and customer support can help you build a community of not just ticket buyers, but also fans.