Road trip to McleodGanj and Triund Trek | Justwravel
Mcleodganj, is famously known as “Little Lhasa (Tibet) of India” and is situated in the outskirts of Dharamshala. It is a small and beautiful hill station with a blend of Tibetan and Indian culture situated at a height of 2082 mts (6831 feet). The place is nestled amidst the mighty hills of Dhauladhars and is a great weekend getaway for people living in Chandigarh,New Delhi, Gurgaon, Ambala and other neighbouring cities.
This is a 3 day trip from New Delhi wherein,we spend one day in McleodGanj exploring the place, visiting monastery , Bhagsu waterfall , cafe hoping . Just knowing about the place and people. The mix of culture that has so easily blend in the routine of the town.The following day after having our breakfast we start our trek to Triund, which is a very good hike starting from McleodGanj and curling upto to the top.Camping under the under the stars, view of the valley , sunrise dazzling the snow covered peaks are few things to watch out for at Triund.
Day 0 : Start From New Delhi
- We leave Delhi by 8 PM from Maharana Pratap ISBT Kashmere Gate, New Delhi in a Volvo Bus.
Day 1 : Arrive Mcleodganj, Visit Monastery and Waterfalls
- Open your eyes in the mighty mountains of Dhauladhars. Mcleodganj is 490 km from Delhi, we will reach there by 10:00 AM.
- Tea and Breakfast on arrival. Check-in in your allotted camps and relax a bit. After lunch, we will explore Mcleodganj. Visit to Namgyal Monastery, Bhagsunath Waterfalls and then get back to the campsite by evening.
- After dinner, get prepared for the next day trek to Triund and take a good tight sleep.
Day 2 : Trek to Triund
- Wake up to a refreshing morning in the mountains.
- After breakfast, we start our trek towards Triund hill. The trek to Triund starts from Mcleodganj main chowk.
- The gradient of the trek is easy except some stretches and the total trekking distance is 9 km. The trail takes you through the dense forests of pine with some scenic views of valleys. It takes around 5-6 hours to reach Triund.
- Triund is situated at an altitude of 2875 meters (9432 feet) above sea level. Camps will be setup at triund. Enjoy the views of Kangra valley. Dinner and overnight stay there.
Day 3 : Trek down to Mcleodganj and departure
- Wake up and get mesmerized by the breathtaking views of Dhauladhars.
- After Breakfast, start your downhill trek towards Mcleodganj. Reach Mcleodganj by afternoon. Explore cafe and market if time allows.
- We leave for Delhi by 6 PM.
- Reach New Delhi early next morning by 7 -8 am.
2 Night camp stay in McleodGanj on Double/Triple sharing
7 Meals ( 3 Breakfast + 2 Lunch + 2 Dinner)
Bonfire + Music + evening snacks
AC Bus from Delhi to McleodGanj and return
Trek Guide, Camp essentials ( Camp, Sleeping Bags, Mats to be provided)
Meals other than mentioned in the Inclusions
Anything apart from Inclusions
Transport if required for local commute will be extra as per actuals
Booking amount is non-refundable.
No refund of total trip amount will be provided on cancellation, 10 days prior to departure date.
50% of total trip amount can be refunded on cancellation between 11-20 days prior to scheduled departure date.
90% of total trip amount can be refunded on cancellation between 21-90 days prior to scheduled departure date.
100% of total trip amount can be refunded on cancellation, 90+ days prior to scheduled departure date.
For Cancellations/ Refund Request , kindly reply to the confirmation mail and get in touch with the Team. All cancellations will be considered only after the mail has been received.
Things To Pack
Down Jacket /Main Jacket
Thermals (Upper & Lower)
Running Shoes/ Outdoor Shoes
Medicines (Diamox – to reduce chances of AMS)
First Aid Kit
Documents – ID (Driver’s License, AADHAR Card, Voter ID :: Passport and Visa copy for Foreign Nationals)
Mobile Charger / Travel Charger
Dharamshala, Himachal PradeshGET DIRECTIONS