Sandhan Valley Trek and Camping | Trek and Trails
Sandhan Valley Trek
Sandhan Valley, also known as Valley of suspense or Valley of Shadow, is one of the greatest canyons in the splendid setting of Sahyadri Western Ghats. The water carved valley is 200 ft. deep and about 1.5 km long. Sandhan valley is located on the western side of the beautiful Bhandardara region, near Samrad village. The valley is surrounded with mighty Alang, Madan and Kulang (Known as AMK- rated as the toughest trek in Sahyadri) Ratangad, Ajoba & Kalsubai 5400 ft. highest peak in Maharashtra mountain ranges. The brilliant and deep narrow rock floored ravine is located between the two high walls of mountain range. At some places its width is less than 3 ft. and at some places sun rays unable to reach the ground. Which gives it the name: valley of shadows.
Event Details Sandhan Valley Trek
• Sandhan Valley Trek Region: Ghatghar
• Sandhan Valley Trek Cost: Rs 1850/- per person
• Assembly: Kasara railway station
• Sandhan Valley Trek Duration: 2 days and 2 nights
• Sandhan Valley Trek Difficulty: Hard
• Sandhan Valley Trek Endurance: High
• Sandhan Valley weather: Pleasant
Sandhan Valley Trek and Camping Itinerary
Mumbai Participants for Sandhan Trek
Board Kasara slow local from Mumbai CST on Friday.
• 22:50 CST
• 23.04 Dadar
• 23:31 Thane
• 00.03 Kalyan
• 01:18 Kasara
Pune Participants for Sandhan Valley Trek
• Board Indrayani train from Pune at 18:35
• Reach Kalyan 21:00 (have dinner before you board the train)
• Board above local train till Kasara.
Day 1 - Saturday - Sandhan Valley Trek Route
01:30 Assemble at Kasara Rail Station.
05:30 Reach base village by local transport.
07:00 Start full descend trek towards Sandhan Valley.
13:30 Lunch in route.
16:00 Evening tea.
20:30 Dinner & Night Stay under open Sky in Tent.
Day 2 - Sunday - Sandhan Valley Trek Route
06:30 Wake up, Breakfast.
07:30 Start descending toward Dehne village.
10:00 Reach Dehne village and start travel from Dehne village to Asangaon.
11:30 Disperse at Asangaon railway station.
• People may board same train from their respective stations of convenience.
• Missing the train is missing Sandhan Valley Trek, no refund will be provided.
• Trekking shoes: Participant wearing Sandals / Sports Shoes / Running Shoes / Repaired shoes will be returned from Kasara/Samrad without refund, Trekking shoes are a must.
• Torch with new batteries - Compulsory per person
• Transportation from Kasara to Sandhan Valley and Dehne to Asangaon by local Transport.
• Day One Saturday - 1 veg breakfast, 1 veg packed lunch and 1 veg dinner.
• Day Two Sunday - 1 veg breakfast.
• Equipment, expertise, guide charges and Treks leader expertise
• Tent Stay on Saturday Night on sharing basis.
• Travel from Mumbai/Pune till Ksara
• Travel back from Asangaon
• All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered etc.
• Insurance, tips, Porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
• Any kind of personal expenses. (camera charges, etc.)
• Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
• All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like road blocks, bad weather
Things to Carry - Sandhan Valley Trek and Camping
• Trekking shoes compulsory
• Sleeping bag, carry matt (Sleeping bag available on rent on availability)
• Torch with extra batteries – Compulsory
• Haversack to keep hands free (Please do not carry handbags or jholas for this trek)
• Water 3 liters (use reusable water bottle)
• One extra pair of clothes, sweater
• Ready to eat food, like plum cakes, chocolate bar, some snacks & biscuits etc.
• Camera (Optional) - Get Dry Bag to keep clothes and electronic gadgets dry
• Electoral or Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder
• Sweaters if required
• Please carry your personal tea mugs, spoon and a small Swiss-knife
• Personal Medicine and First Aid
• Identity proof (must)
• 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
• 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
• No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to event date
• No show No Refund.
• Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
• Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
• If Trek get cancelled, we will refund "Trek Amount" only.