Sirpur Group of Monuments and Laxman Temple, Sirpur
Sirpur features a number of Hindu and Buddhist temples from the 6-7th century during the reign of Sarabhpuriyas and Panduvamsis. Laxman temple in particular is an elegant brick structure in Sirpur. It's known for its marvellous stone doorway. Set on a platform, Laxman temple has a beautiful shikhara or central tower with chaitya motifs. Although small, it's considered one of the finest models of brick temples in India.
Things to see
- The reclining Sheshnag in the elaborately carved doorframe.
- Etchings of Krishna Leela symbols, dwarapalikas, Vishnu and more along the outer walls of the temple.
How to get there?
- Nearest Airport :Swami Vivekanad Airport, Raipur
- Nearest Railway Station: Raipur Railway Station
- Nearest Bus Station : Sirpur Bus Stand
Temple of Laxman and Old sites including sculptures Sirpur
Sirpur Group of Monuments and Laxman Temple, Sirpur, SH 9, Sirpur, Mahasamund, Chhattisgarh, 493445