Sondai Fort Trek
November 1 | 6AM
Invite your friends
and enjoy a shared experience
Invite your friends
and enjoy a shared experience
About the Event
Sondai is one of the lesser know forts around Mumbai. It was used as a watch tower and stands 6kms west of Karjat overlooking the Karjat-Chowk highway and offers a beautiful view of Morbe Dam, Prabalgad, Irshalgad, Rajmachi, Songiri forts and Matheran mountain range.
The name of the fort is derived from the temple of the Goddess Sondai at the top the mountain. There are 2 water cisterns at the base of the pinnacle and steps are carved out of rocks to go on the topmost point where an idol of Sondai Devi stands.
It is an easy 1-1.5 hrs hike from the base village and ideal for beginners or those who are trekking after a long time
Difficulty: Easy || Endurance: Easy || Type: One day Trek
- Captivating views of Morbe Dam and Matheran Range
- Sondai Devi Temple on Top
- Ladders to reach the peak
- Water Cisterns at the fort
- 06:00 hrs – Pick up from Dadar
- 06:15 hrs – Pick up from Chembur
- 06:40 hrs – Pick up from Vashi Highway
- 07:10 hrs – Pick up from Kalamboli McDonalds
- 08:30 hrs – Reach the base village, have breakfast
- 09:00 hrs – Start the trek after a brief introduction session
- 11:00 hrs – Reach the top, explore the fort and spend some time soaking in the beauty
- 11:45 hrs – Start trek towards the base village
- 13:00 hrs – Reach the base
- 13:30 hrs – Say your goodbyes with a promise to meet again, leave for Mumbai in our Bus. We will stop for lunch on the way. This brings us to the end of our trip, Or rather just the beginning
- 17:00 hrs – Reach Mumbai Tentatively
- Mumbai to Mumbai Private Non – AC Transport
- Entry Fees
- Expertise and Guide charges
- Wash Rooms & Changing rooms facilities
- First Aid Certified Trek Leads
- Anything other than the above-mentioned things
- Any Personal Expenses
Things to Carry
- Identity Proof (Mandatory)
- Bottle of Water (at least 2 litres)
- Ready to eat food like plum cakes, dry fruits etc.
- Lunch for the Day
- Cap, Camera
- Good Trekking shoes
- Rain coat/ Poncho / Wind cheater please avoid umbrellas
- Personal care stuff, ORS, medicines which you require usually
- Put essentials like money, spare clothes in a polythene bag inside the bag
- Haversack to put all the things in, please do not carry sling bags or jholas
Pick Up & Drop Off Points
Pick-up & Drop off Point: Dadar T.T
What are the pickup locations?
The pickup locations are as follows:
• 06:00 hrs Pick up from Dadar
• 06:15 hrs Pick up from Chembur
• 06:40 hrs Pick up from Vashi Highway
• 07:10 hrs Pick up from Kalamboli McDonalds
How will you contact me once I register?
We will be mailing you the details about the trek a day or two before the trek. We will also create a WhatsApp group a day before the trek.
What is the difficulty level of this trek?
This trek is of easy difficulty with around 1-1.5 hours of hike each side.
Will I be able to do this trek? I have not trekked before.
We encourage you to come and experience the trek with us. Trekking is not about speed and our representatives will be there to encourage you to complete the trek
What is the age limit for this trek?
The age limit for the trek is 18 years with no upper limit. Participants below the age of 18yrs need to be accompanied by a guardian
Can I come alone?
Yes, many of our participants are solo travellers.
Is it safe for a female solo traveller?
It is completely safe for a female solo traveller as our representatives will be there with you all the time. Moreover, most of our event have 60% female participation.
Can I Bring my Car?
Yes, you can bring your own car.
Are washrooms available during the trek?
You will not get washrooms during the trek.
Can we smoke or drink alcohol?
Smoking or drinking alcohol is prohibited.
Would I get cellular connectivity?
You will get limited connectivity during the trek.
What type of food will I get?
We will be having breakfast & lunch at a local restaurant
Will I get water during the trek?
You won’t get water during the trek, you need to carry at least 2 litres of water with you
What if I have a medical emergency?
We will carry first aid kit with us. The trek leaders will be first aid certified. If the problem increases, with the help of local villagers we will quickly get you to closest medical attention possible.
What kind of clothing we need to wear?
We recommend you wear full sleeve t-shirt and full pants. Also carry a Raincoat/ wind cheater for the rains. Umbrellas are a strict NO.
Do I need special shoes?
We recommend trekking shoes or good quality sports shoes.
Cancellation charge of 15% would be deducted from the booking if cancelled 7 days before the event
No refund would be granted if cancelled within 7 days of the event
COVID Safety Guidelines
- Each member of the group (participants/trek leads) will need to wear protective masks while interacting with others.
- It is strongly recommended to wear caps, full sleeves shirts and full trousers and shoes for adventure activities. It reduces exposure of your body parts to Covid virus.
- It should be ascertained from the participants that they are not residing / have not travelled in a containment zone and have not come in contact with any person who was tested Covid positive in last 14 days.
- Ascertain whether any participant has any symptoms of Influenza like illness (ILI) like fever, dry cough, weakness, severe body ache etc. at the time of beginning of activity. If it is so then he/she should be asked not to participate and be evacuated on medical grounds and should be asked to report to local health authority
- Strictly avoid eating gutkha, pan masala or sniffing tapkir which induces spitting, coughing or sneezing.
- Follow safe health practices in case you want to cough, sneeze in public space or during activity.
- Trek Lead would be carrying sanitizer, spare masks, few pairs of disposable gloves (in sufficient quantity) as a Covid Protection Kit.
- Avoid touching external surfaces and touching your face when in outdoors.
- If the location of your adventure activity is too crowded then be prepared to leave or wait for the crowd to disperse/for your turn.
- It is mandatory that a participant informs the organisers if he tests positive for Covid within 14 days of returning from adventure activity. It will help the organisers to inform and alert all other persons in the group and concerned health authorities of Government, so that they can follow the medical/government norms in this regard. Here it is absolutely essential that the participant observes transparency and informs the organisers/group leaders about his Covid test results. Organisers should actively pursue this matter with participants as this is a mutual responsibility
Maharashtra 410201GET DIRECTIONS