Sunrise Trek To Makalidurga | Namma Trip
September 26 | 11PM - March 9 | 11AM
Invite your friends
and enjoy a shared experience
Invite your friends
and enjoy a shared experience
The Makalidurga trek is the nearest railway trek to Bangalore. It begins with a 2-km walk on the railway track from the station of Makalidurga. One can also ride bikes to the beginning of the trekking trail as well. A lot of refreshments is advised to be carried in case one wants to trek this hillock. The hill is made of granite stone, sparking in its natural occurrence. The larger rocks have made Makalidurga popular among rock climbers. On the top stands an old fort, now in ruins. It has quite a history to it. The start of the climb is marked by a Krishna temple and you complete your darshan at the top with a temple of Shiva and Nandi. You can see the Gunjar Lake-in the shape of South America, outlined by many grasslands and manicured farms from the top. A web of railroads completes the rural landscape.
Trek Difficulty: Moderate
Distance: Around 90 km from Bangalore
11:00 PM Pick up starts from Bangalore
03:00 AM Reach Makalidurgae base
03:10 AM Start the small hike to peak Makalidurga
04:30 AM Finish experience, relax and enjoy the campfire
05:50 AM Relax until sunrise
07:00 AM Descend towards the base
08:00 AM Head to the nearby restaurant.Freshen up & have breakfast.
09:30 AM Head back to Bangalore
11:30 AM Reach Bangalore
- Pick up and drop from/to Bangalore in a Traveller or Mini Bus.
- Trek Permits
- Trek Leads from NammaTrip
Things To Carry
- Small Backpack to carry below essentials
- Water bottles
- Energy bars
- Personal medication or A First Aid Kit
- Sweater/ jackets for the night.
- Raincoat/Poncho (if it looks rainy)
- Extra clothing (in case you plan to dive in the lake)
- Good sports shoes or trekking shoes
- Flashlight/Torch with extra batteries
- Camera (optional)
Pick up points
RR Nagar (11:00 PM) - Gopalan Arcade, Mysore road
Banashankari (11:30 PM) - Bus Stop
BTM (11:50 PM) - Udupi Garden Bus Stop, Near A2B
Silk Board (12:10 AM) - Prashant hotel (towards marathali road)
Marathahalli (12:40 PM) - Opposite to Kalamandir
Tin Factory (01:00 AM) - Bus Stop
Drop points are same as chosen pickup points
Pick up Times are tentative. Once you register with us,we will send you the exact pick up times and location on Whatsapp.
Your equipment and equipment distributed are to be carried by self, like bags, sticks, etc.
As you are exploring nature, don’t expect washrooms near hills. Washrooms are only available at hotel, campsite(you reach hotel/campsite for breakfast).
NammaTrip is not responsible for misplacing/loss of any personal belongings.
We as a Adventure company aim to show you nice people the most beautiful and pristine places in Karnataka.
Preserving the cleanliness & beauty of our beautiful land is our top most priority.
Go deep into the nature
Hike to see the beauty of sunrise.
Trek to beautiful mountains..
Dip in the beaches of our beautiful coast.
Hike through the mystical rainforest of the Western Ghats.
Come Experience Namma Karnataka
For Terms & Conditions/ Cancellation Policy
Get in Touch
In case of any queries.Do get in touch with us.
E Mail : email@example.com
1) Mandatory use of face masks and gloves by the trekkers during the entire course of the trek.
2) The batch size will be limited to maintain social distancing. Trekkers must maintain a distance of 5ft among them during the course of the trail.
3) Trekkers must carry a hand sanitizer and use it regularly for their own safety.
4) Every trekker will be asked about their travel history during the last 10 days.If anybody has been in a red zone or has had an alarming travel history,he/she will be asked for covid tests done during the last 5 days and they can then proceed with the booking.
5) If the trekker shows any symptoms during the course of the trip or before, he/she will be advised to abort the trek.
6) The trekkers should not litter/spit/gargle during the course of the trek. They will also be strictly not allowed to share water bottles or any personal items.
7) Before boarding the bus, all the participants and the driver will be screened for temperature and face masks will be provided.
8) The mode of transportation used will be filled upto 70% of the capacity maximum.
9) All required information of the trekkers like Age,Phone Number and Home address will be recorded. A copy of Government Identification of all participants will be taken by us.
10) We will encourage all trekkers to follow respective Covid-19 Social Distancing Guidelines and State Government rules.
11) The trekkers will be made to sign a disclaimer form and made aware of everything they should not do during the trek.
12) The restaurants and hotels we choose for meals/accommodation will be of high hygienic standards and made sure the place is sanitized regularly.
13) All our Outdoor Leaders will be thoroughly briefed with everything that needs to be followed. We will also make sure there are organizers during the trip who will take care of all necessary precautions.
14) Any trekkers showing symptoms will be quickly isolated and will be asked to abort the trek at any time.
15) All the vehicles,restaurants,home stays and equipment used will be regularly sanitized with disinfectants.
Karnataka 561203GET DIRECTIONS