Suraj Kund, Faridabad
Surajkund is a place where you can spend 4-5 hours at peace. It's an artificial reservoir situated approximately 8 km away from South Delhi in Faridabad, Haryana. Around the 10th century, king Surajpal of Tomar dynasty built this beautiful semi-circular amphitheater overlooking the Siddha Kund and encompassed by Aravalli hills. Book tickets now and enjoy a beautiful weekend at this reservoir amidst breathtaking views!
Things to see
- Reservoir of 130m (427 ft) diameter with the shape of the rising sun with an eastward arc
- Semi-circular amphitheater made of stepped stones
- Annual 'Surajkund International Craft Mela' in the first half of February
- Siddha Kund, a natural spring (600m south)
- Badkhal Lake (6 km north-east), Anangpur Dam (16 km north)
- Asola Bhatti Wildlife Sanctuary, close to Surajkund
- Architectural beauty surrounded by Aravalli hills
How to get there?
- Since it is 8 km away from South Delhi, the nearest airport is the Delhi Airport.
- Situated in the city of Faridabad, the nearest railway station to reach Surajkund is Faridabad railway station.
- If you are travelling by bus, you can get down at Surajkund or Faridabad bus station.
Suraj Kund, Faridabad, Suraj Kund Road, Lakewood City, Surajkund, Faridabad, Haryana, 121010GET DIRECTIONS