Thirumayam Fort, Thirumayam
Tirumayam Fort is often called as Oomayan Kottai. It is representative of history which dates back at least 300 years. Constructed by the Raja of Ramnad, Vijaya Raghunatha Sethupathi, this fort was an important stronghold in the Polygar Wars. Located on rugged rocks on the Pudukottai road in Tamil Nadu, the Fort has three entrances in three directions. Each of these entrance is dedicated to Hanuman, Sakthi, Ganapathi and Karuppar. Enjoy as you visit the aesthetics and architectural brilliance of the fort.
Things to see
- The bastion with a canon of British origin, on the main rock
- Three rock-cut temples, dedicated to Lord Shiva and Lord Vishnu
- The natural pond situated to the south of this site
How to get there?
- Tiruchirappalli International Airport is the nearest airport to the fort.
- If you are travelling by train, the Pudukkottai railway station is the closest station.
- Thirumayam bus stop is the nearest bus-stop.
Thirumayam Fort, Thirumayam, State Highway 210, Thirumayam, Pudukkottai, Tamil Nadu, 622507GET DIRECTIONS