unSeen @IGNITE! 2016
14 October 2016 | 5 PM & 8 PM
OddBird Theatre, Delhi
unSeen is based on Rabindranath Tagore’s letter ‘Ramabai-er Baktritar Upalakhse’ (letter with reference to Ramabai’s speech). In 1891, Tagore attended a lecture by Ramabai, where she said that women can do anything that men can, except drinking alcohol. In a highly disputable response to her, he points out how nature has made women weaker than men, physically and intellectually, and the necessity, therefore, to follow the ‘law of compensation’. unSeen is a critique of how society shapes the idea of femininity or the ‘woman’ across cultures.
CAST + CREDITS
Design and Direction: Vishnupad Barve
Performance: Kalyanee Mulay
Lights: Nazia Khan
Stage Management: Gayatri Joshi
*PHOTO: Ramesh Varma
OddBird Theatre, Delhi
Dhan Mill Compound, 100 Foot Road, SSN Marg, Chhattarpur, New Delhi, Delhi 110030
Terms & Conditions
- Please arrive at the venue at least 15 min before the specified performance time. If you are late, we will let in others who may be waiting in line.
- Seating on first come first seated basis.
- Once purchased, the passes are non-refundable, irrespective of attendance.
- The organizers reserve the right to deny entry to guests arriving after the performance begins.
- Please carry a print out or digital copy of your donor pass or registration to all events.
- Children below 12 years of age are not allowed.
- The festival venues are built to capacity. Management reserves the right to hold entry to certain areas within the festival to ensure a safe festival experience.
- No professional, SLR or DSLR cameras or recording (sound or video) equipment will be permitted in the venue.
- No drug use - consumption of narcotics is illegal and those found in possession of or consuming narcotics at the event will be handed over to police authorities.
- No liability claims of food, pollution and other consumption poisoning will be entertained.
- Parking near or at the show premises is at the risk of the vehicle owner.
- The holder of this ticket grants organizers the right to use, in perpetuity, all or any part of the recording of any video or still footage made of the holder and appearance on any channel or magazine for broadcast in any the all media globally and for advertising, publicity and promotions relating hereto.
- The organizers reserve the right without refund or other recourse, to refuse admission to anyone who is found to be in breach of these terms and conditions including, if necessary, ejecting the holder/s of the ticket from the venue after they have entered the ground.
- The programme is subject to change without prior notice.
- All contributions to The Gati Forum are exempt under section 80G of the Income Tax At 1961. Registration No. DEL-TE25619- 20102014/5652, PAN No. AABTT6472G