Vishnu Dol, Sivasagar
Popular as the Jaidol Temple or Kesavanarayan, Vishnudol or Bishnudol is dedicated to Lord Vishnu. Built during the reign of Ahom king Rudra Singha (CE 1696-14), it is situated in the eastern end of the northern bank of the Joysagar tank. Devotees from every part of the country visit here during the month of Bhada. Kirtans and prayers are held in the temple during this month. Book tickets now!
Things to see
- Shiva Dol, which is one of the tallest Shiva temples in the country and the dome of this temple is made of pure gold.
- Devi Dol, dedicated to Goddess Durga
- If you are visiting during winter, you can spot many migratory birds in the Sivasagar tank.
- Gaurisagar Lake, an artificial lake.
- Historical monuments like Talatal Ghar and Gargaon Palace.
- Ahom museum
How to get there?
- Nearest Airport: Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport
- Nearest Railway Station: Simaluguri Junction
- Nearest Bus Station: Rupnath Brahma Inter-State Bus Terminal
Vishnu Dol, Sivasagar, Sivasagar, Sivasagar, Sivasagar, Assam, 785640GET DIRECTIONS