Voice-Over Workshop with Malini Gowrishankar
July 17 | 10AM
Invite your friends
and enjoy a shared experience
Invite your friends
and enjoy a shared experience
"Ha, people tell me I have a nice voice. Can I do voice-overs?"
"I wonder how this industry works!"
"How do I start pursuing voice-overs as a hobby?"
"I am sure I can emote and intonate better than the voice on TV. But, how do I switch careers? :( "
"I can mimic. Can I try voice-overs?"
Find answers to all your curious questions, as VO/dubbing artist, Malini Gowrishankar ( voiceofmalini.com ) takes you through a very informative, eye-opening workshop on voice-overs, a very less understood industry. This workshop, will focus primarily on the practical aspects of becoming a VO artist - the fundamentals of voice modulation, practical tips to exploring this industry as a newbie and more.
The following will be covered at a basic level during the 6 hours workshop spread across two days:
1. Busting the myths of VO industry
2. Fundamentals of voicing - modulation, intonation, pitching, tempo etc.
3. Voice-overs vs voice-acting vs dubbing - Understanding the differences
4. Introduction to equipment
5. Practical tips on switching careers and exploring VO as career option / hobby
6. Basic steps to setting up a home studio
7. Networking in this industry - How to?
8. Finding your niche - how can your voice be of use to the industry?
9. In the offline format, there used to be a studio session. In the online format, I will make you practise and record samples on your phone (‘homework’) and review the samples one to one.
You should join if you are:
1. A student looking for extra pocket money and industry exposure
2. Someone who is looking to build an alternate source of income post Covid
3. A corporate employee, seriously considering career options
4. A woman, who is looking to restart career after a break
5. A creative person and want to explore a new creative skill
6. Interested in a career in media as RJ / dubbing artist / announcer etc.
7. Just a curious character and have a free weekend in your hand!
ABOUT THE TRAINER:
Malini Gowrishankar, is an established voice-over / dubbing artist in Bangalore, primarily lending her voice for Tamil/English projects. She has experience voicing for hundreds of hours of e-learning, Telephone IVRs and several radio/TV commercials, short films, feature film promos, corporate videos, cartoon voices etc. She has her own home setup and records several assignments for national and international clients. She also has tie-ups with various professional studios in Bangalore.
Besides being an artist, Malini has also dabbled with creative writing, has served as an RJ with Worldspace Radio ( Timbremedia ), emceed several events and functions and has been a motivational speaker at several institutions and corporates, sharing her passionate views on Entrepreneurship and Women empowerment. She is the Founder/CEO of an experiential travel company, F5 Escapes, specialising in all-women travel.
WORKSHOP FEES: Rs. 2350. If you are a struggling artist or have recently lost your job or have gotten a paycut, please write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org - I’ll try to work out a subsidised price for you.
-Scripts for practice
-Workshop content handouts
-Individual home recording and review of voice samples
- Anything not mentioned in inclusions
THINGS THAT YOU NEED
- Good internet connection and Zoom installed on your laptop/phone.
- Laptop preferred over phone.
- Your best, cheerful, curious self!
- Your favorite scripts (poem/prose), one in English and one in your language of choice, each about 3-4 lines, to be recorded in your voice.
- This is non-refundable unless and unless you are not able to make it because of some emergency, which can be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- In the event of you not being able to make it, you can pass on the slot to your friends and intimate me about it.
SETTING THE EXPECTATIONS:
I wish to set the correct expectations right from the beginning hence please read through the following carefully:
1. Please do not come with the expectation of becoming a VO artist in one day. This workshop is introductory - this will show you your options and throw light on the things you need to know and do, you will have to do your homework and hardwork to become a VO artist.
2. While I will be available on a need basis to help you out once in a while post the workshop, kindly do not expect me to handhold you till you become an artist. What you become post this workshop is totally dependent on your interest levels and commitment.
3. Certain voices work and certain voices dont. While I will be happy to assess your voice and give you a direction during the workshop, please do understand that not all who have a voice can become an artist. However, if you become one, I will be the happiest! :)
4. Come with an open mind to observe, participate and learn. Leave all your inhibitions behind and get ready for an explorative weekend!
Its an online workshop on zoom. Very limited seats. Please pay to confirm your slot.
Please turn up!
Date: 17th and 18th July (friday and saturday) - 10 am to 1 pm
- Unsure if you would be able to go?
Worried your boss may cancel your holiday or your professor may put up weekend lectures? Dont worry, you can easily transfer your ticket to your friend later!
- Going out with friends?
Unlock rewards or cashbacks the next time you are going to an event with your friends. Just use the ‘Buy Together’ option for an event if you see one on its page.
Paytm Insider is a platform that helps you discover and buy the best in events, travel and food in your city. We strive to curate experiences that are worth your time and money, possibly something you have never tried before.
For event organizers
Paytm Insider is built by the same team that created Bacardi NH7 Weekender (us) and we sure know what goes into putting together a great experience. Our technology, marketing and customer support can help you build a community of not just ticket buyers, but also fans.