WanderOn Kodaikanal Weekend Trip
Kodaikanal is a city in the hills of the Dindigul district in the state of Tamil Nadu, India. Its name in the Tamil language means “The Gift of the Forest”. Kodaikanal is referred to as the “Princess of Hill stations”. There are few more refreshing Tamil Nadu moments than leaving the heat-soaked plains for the sharp pinch of a Kodaikanal night or morning. This misty hill station, 120km northwest of Madurai in the protected Palani Hills, is more relaxed and intimate than its big sister Ooty (Kodai is the ‘Princess of Hill Stations’, Ooty the Queen). It’s not all cold either; days feel more like deep spring than early winter. Centered on a beautiful star-shaped lake, Kodai rambles up and down hillsides with patches of shola (virgin forest), unique to South India’s the Western Ghats, and evergreen broadleaf trees like magnolia, mahogany, myrtle, and rhododendron. Another plant specialty is the kurinji shrub, whose lilac-blue blossoms appear every 12 years (next due 2030).
Kodaikanal Weekend Trip Detailed Itinerary
Day 1: Check-in to Campsite - Mannavanur Grassland Visit
● Start from Bangalore by 7:30 p.m.
● Drive through the breath-taking highway of Southern India.
● We reach Kodaikanal early morning and Check-in to our stay in the outskirts region.
● Freshen-up and after breakfast, relax in the lap of nature.
● Head to Mannavannur grasslands for a stunning view of the surrounding mountains. Embark on a small hike to the Mannavannur Lake and catch the sunset view.
● Reach back to the accommodation, Enjoy dinner over with a bonfire.
Day 2: Kodaikanal Exploration - Dolphin Nose - Depart For Bangalore
● After breakfast, check out and head to Vattakanal.
● Begin the trek to the Dolphin Nose and further to Echo Point.
● Catch some stunning cliff views and head back to Vattakanal for some lunch.
● Depart back to Bangalore by evening.
● Reach Bangalore by the next morning with amazing trip memories.
Other Information :
● Complete transfers from Bangalore in Tempo Traveler or Mini Bus
● 3 meals: 2 Breakfast (Day 1 & Day 2) and 1 Lunch on Day 1
● Accommodation on triple sharing basis.
● Entry fees to the places mentioned in the itinerary.
● All toll and driver night charges.
● Team Captain throughout the trip.
● GST(5%) is applicable extra.
● Meals other than mentioned in the itinerary.
● Any item of personal nature like shopping.
● Cost arises due to uncontrollable circumstances like bad weather conditions, landslides, or some public protest.
● Water sports or any activity other than mentioned in the Itinerary.
● Things other than mentioned in inclusions.
New UDUPI GRAND
Teacher's Colony, Santhosapuram, Sector 6, HSR Layout 5th Sector, Arisinakunte, Karnataka 560034GET DIRECTIONS