Wild Wind Caves: Harishchandragad
The wild wind caves of Harishchandragad (4,691 feet ) is our trekking destination for an exciting and adventurous weekend trip on 14th and 15th December. The caves date back to Microlithic age and are a sight to be experienced!
Located on the outskirts of Pune Harishchandragad is also home to the famous 'Konkan Kada' a vertical overhang cliff that almost looks like a cobra's hood . It needs to be seen to be believed.
Join us for a perfect overnight trekking adventure to the top of the Shayadris as we climb to the ruins of Harishchandragad.
Distance: Base Village Pachnai: 165 km from Pune.
Date: 14th - 15th Dec 2019
Trip Duration: 2 Days 1 night
Cost: 2150 (Veg) and 2415 (Non Veg)
(all included , please message us for full details)
Pick-up: Blue Nile at 7am
Our private bus will do the pick-up.
Exit Pune via Nashik Phata by 7:45am
01:00 pm Stop for lunch on the way.
04:00 pm Arrive at campsite.
Explore around the campsite
08:30 pm Dinner
End of day 1
06:00 am Wake-up call
07:00 am Breakfast
07:30 am Harishchandragad Konkan kada excursion
01:30 pm Return to Camp site
03:30 pm Depart for Pune
09:00 pm Arrive at Pune
• Photographer's delight of wide and shots
• Stay in caves next to Harishchandeshwar temple
• Amazing view from Taramati
• Mesmerizing Sunset at Konkankada
• Monsson clouds rising through valleys and cliffs
• Ancient Kedareshwar temple
• Travel and toll: Pick up and drop off from our selected pick up points.
• Meals covered on the trip: Evening tea and snacks, Dinner on day 1, breakfast and lunch on Day 2.
• Camping gear – Tents, Sleeping bags, air pillows. (You can also carry your own bedding, one blanket per person compulsory)
• Mineral water for drinking throughout the trip.
• Tour guides and camp leaders all along the trip.
• Medical assistance if required.
• Personal expenses (beverages, snacks, equipment)
• Personal medication
• Breakfast, lunch on day one and anything else besides breakfast and lunch on day 2.
Things to carry:
Trekking would be done without the backpacks which can stay back in our bus.
• Please wear light colored full body clothing, jackets, track pants, pullovers.
• Good hiking or sports shoes
• Caps and Hats
• Sunglasses and sunscreen
• Hand Towel
• Munchies and personal snacks
• Personal medication
• Camera (optional)
• Binoculars (optional)
• Shawl (optional)
• One liter water bottle
• Blanket or thick bed sheet
Please take care of all your belongings.
Notify us immediately in case of any medical emergency.
Anyone found under the influence of drugs or narcotics will be requested to leave the trip immediately, without any refund.
Adventure camping and outdoor sports/ recreation is purely for nature lovers and not for party groups; we respect nature and do our best to spread the awareness about wilderness preservation.
Campsite stay requests all enthusiasts to maintain silence post 11:00 pm
Be sure that you are responsible for your own personal belongings
We like to keep the wildlife wild, please do not litter the forest/ sanctuary and the campsite.
Please confirm your registration with amount INR 2150 (Veg) and INR 2415 (Non Veg) -- (all included , please message us for full details) cash or make an online transfer to:
Availability is first come first serve basis. Last day of confirming is 2 days prior to the event date, but please book your seats as soon as possible to avoid any disappointment.
Team Rivers and Ridges.
Rivers and Ridges
2, Bhagyasheela Society, Off NIBM Road, Kondhwa, Bhatnagar Colony, Kondhwa, Pune, Maharashtra 411048