Astronomy Divine Telescopic Star Gazing 2019 B2
Let's go on an interstellar Odyssey, right here in Pune. Space is so vast that it would take billions of years for a rock ejected from the earth to collide with a planet circling another star. The stars of the milky-way are drawn together by gravity in their own enormous orbits around its center. Our sun, for example, being way out on the edge takes some 2250 million years to complete a single orbit. At the same time during each revolution around the galaxy, our solar system will pass through three gigantic interstellar clouds, planet making factories each many light years across. Our Milky-way has more than 100 of these vast clouds, places where gas and dust condense to form new stars and planets.
The best way to start exploring the night sky is with the naked eye. Under the guidance of our experts, you’ll learn to identify the constellations and stars, and that’s only the beginning!
This stargazing night has been organized in association with Jyotirvidya Parisanstha (JVP) on Saturday the 30th and 31 st of March, at Nasrapur farmhouse location.
Assemble time: 3:30 pm
Departure time: 3:45 pm
5:30 pm Reach Campsite Nasrapur
6:00 pm - Hi Tea and snacks
6 - 7 - Set up for Telescopes
7:00 pm onwards - session begins.
Kindly note: The star gazing activity starts pre-dinner and will go on till 7.30 am. Those who would like to sleep early there will be tents set up for you to sleep in (on sharing basis), other who wish to stay awake throughout, kindly get enough rest during the day on Saturday or prepare to get rest once you head back on Sunday.
The event will have following segments:
1. Sky shows (total 3): One of the JVP experts will explain to participants about stars, planets, constellations, Raashis, Nakshatras, their mythological stories as well as interesting scientific information
2. Telescope sessions (total 4): Through JVP’s telescopes, participants will get to see mind-blowing views of the Moon, Saturn, Mars, and some deep sky objects like Orion Nebula, Beehive cluster.
3. Software demo: One of our experts will demonstrate a free planetarium software that you can use with your laptops, tablets or cellphones.
4. Fun time: Astro-antakshari/word puzzle.
5. We’ll also get to see some bright satellite passes (and hopefully meteors!) with an unaided eye!
If you like seeing yourself as part of a bigger picture, with a sense of wonder, and just loves being out at night.
If that's you come and join us for a slumber party under the stars.
Evening tea and snacks.
1 Dinner and 1 breakfast next morning.
Midnight and before dawn - Tea and snacks (biscuits at midnight and maggie)
Star gazing with telescope and guidance of experts.
Camping in comfortable waterproof tents on sharing basis.
Package drinking water for drinking throughout the trip.
Tour guides and camp leaders all along the trip.
Medical assistance if required
Lunch the next day.
Abhyankar Farm, Pune
Abhyankar Farm, Kambare, 412205