The Beautiful Sakleshpur - Roadtrip with Hike | Muddie Trails
Muddie Trails presents a fun-filled & thrilling & chilling weekend with easy trekking, camping with coffee estate homestay, waterfalls, Fort, good food and a lot of socializing – all in the beautiful mountains of Sakhleshpur, which is almost a well kept secret hill station of Karnataka.
While camping in Sakleshpur gives a wonderful experience, we also have a homestay with limited beds as well for those who feel comfortable to stay in the rooms instead of tents.
Along with trek, we will have an off-road jeep ride, take a dip in a chilling mountain waterfall, visit the star-shaped fort and beautiful backwaters with ruined Church.
About the destination:
Sakleshpur is a hill station located in the western ghats of Karnataka that boasts incredible biodiversity. The climate of the region is nice & cold, so they grow a lot of coffee and spice plantations here. For people who love to explore nature, Sakleshpur offers an ideal weekend getaway.
Enough of the intro, now just #getmuddie!
- Slots: Usually 12 or more
- Food: Very delicious 2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner – all included
- Stay: At our very beautiful homestay cum campsite amidst coffee plantations on a shared basis (Non AC)
- Trek difficulty: Easy (good for beginners)
- A mini-bus or tempo depending on final numbers (Non AC)
- Start time: Friday around 10 PM
- End time: Sunday around 10 PM
- Pick up spots: Tin Factory, Indiranagar 100 Feet Rd, Koramangala Sony World, Goraguntepalya metro station
- Dip Under Habbi waterfalls,
- Coffee estate stay, walk
- Camping + Homestay rooms both,
- Malnad style Food,
- Star-shaped Manjarabad Fort visit,
- Hike ancient Pandavas mountain,
- Off-road Jeep ride to Devils Hill,
- Floating Church of Shettihalli,
- Beautiful Hemavathy Backwaters
Day 0 (Friday):
- Start from BLR, night journey of just 6 hours!
Day 1 (Saturday):
- Check in to homestay cum Campsite, rest for a while, freshen up
- Have an awesome Breakfast to fuel up your body
- Hike up Pandavas mountain and enjoy the stunning valley of Sakleshpur mountains,
- Break for lunch,
- Walkthrough the Coffee estates to reach Habbi waterfalls & play in the water,
- Get back to the homestay, relax for a while
- Have a hot Chai or Coffee in already cold weather
- Campfire & music
- Delicious dinner
- A social gathering in the night
- Rest in the tents or in the rooms
Day 2 (Sunday):
- Off-road Jeep ride to the base of Devil’s hill & hike up for amazing sunrise with valley filled with mist and clouds,
- Have Breakfast
- Say Bye-Bye to our Campsite
- Head to the beautiful star-shaped Manjarabad fort & take a lot of selfies,
- Break for lunch,
- Visit beautiful Hemavathy backwaters & the floating Church,
- Drive back to Bangalore. Reach home by night.
- Stay at our lovely home-stay cum campsite
- 2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch (Veg), 1 Dinner (Veg & Non-Veg) all unlimited
- Campfire (If it doesn’t rain at the time)
- Group activities
- Visit/trek to places in Highlights section above
- Organizer(s) from MT to look after all the activities
- A hell lot of entertainment!!!
- 1 Lunch on Sunday
- Any other misc. expenses that are not mentioned above.
If you agree to following Terms & Conditions and Refund Policy: http://bit.ly/MuddieTerms
You may register by using the Book Now button and join the Muddie Gang! 😉
What’s next after booking tickets:
- A Whatsapp group will be created for all the registered folks a night before the event
- Information like exact pickup locations, things to pack, Organizer details, etc will be shared in the group
- The trip does not cover Gokarna main town, temple, market, or crowded beaches. This is an offbeat trip away from town.
- The facilities are basic, close to nature on this backpacking trip. Not for luxury seekers.
Get Muddie in Travel..
|Slots||12 or more|
|Food||2 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner all included|
|Stay||At our very very beautiful homestay/campsite amidst coffee plantations (Non AC)|
|Travel||A mini-bus or tempo depending on final numbers (Non AC)|
|Start Time||Friday around 10 PM|
|End Time||Sunday around 10 PM|
|Pickup spots||Tin Factory, Indiranagar 100 ft Road, Koramangala Sony World signal, Goraguntepalya Metro station|
- Dip under Abbi Water Falls (also called Magajhalli falls)
- Hike up the ancient temple Pandavara Gudda (5 km easy to moderate hike up and down)
- Visit the famous Manjeerabad Fort
- Visit Devil's hill
- Drive to beautiful Hemavathi Backwaters
- Coffee estate nature walk
- Camping + Homestay rooms both
- Coffee tasting & shopping!
- 1-Day/1-Night camping in tents at our lovely home-stay/campsite with washrooms & change rooms!
- 2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner
- Group activities
- Visit/trek to places in Highlights section
- One/two organizer(s) from MT to look after all the activities and a hell lot of entertainment!!!
- 1 Lunch on Sunday and any other miscellaneous personal expenses that are not is mentioned in inclusions above.
- You are going to travel with a group. It’s very important to read and understand our terms & conditions here: http://bit.ly/MuddieTerms.
- Basic facilities, no luxury.
- BEWARE of traffic in monsoons!
- A Whatsapp group will be created for all the registered folks 24 hours before the event start time.
- Information like exact pickup locations, things to pack, etc will be shared in the group
- Do not forget to read our “Terms & Conditions” before registering!
Terms & Conditions of Muddie Trails
- No alcohol & smoking during Treks & adventure activities. There would be separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at campsite/homestay for interested people
- No Luxury. We assure awesome memories every trip, but not awesome facilities! We provide basic facilities in terms of food, travel & accommodation.
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule are permitted
- Absolutely No littering during our travels. We swear to protect our environment.
- Co-operate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won't miss out on the real fun part - that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety while traveling with Muddie Trails. Don't indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle that discharges Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions etc. In most cases, if the time permits, organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s) and/or involving in physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by Muddie Trails.
Cancellation and Refund Policies
Cancellation by Organizer (Muddie Trails):
- Muddie Trails may decide to cancel the event if there are less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek
- The organizers will inform you about the cancellation 24 hours before the event start time so that you have enough time to make an alternate plan
- In this case, the full amount will be refunded.
- Alternatively, you can also choose to postpone your ticket to the future event or switch to another event by Muddie Trails.
Cancellation by you (The traveler):
- The Organizers have to be informed 48 hours before the event start time if you wish to cancel your event
- In this case, the refund would be processed as per "Refund Policy"
- Alternatively, you may postpone your ticket to future event 48 hours before the event start time
- No postponing your ticket to future events and no refund within 48 hours of event start time
- You may provide a replacement from your end (your friend, colleague or any other) in case you cannot make it to the event because of unforeseen circumstances. This way you can save your hard earned money
- 80% refund before 48 hours of event start time
- No refund within 48 hours of event start time whatever be the reason (Health, Accident, Family crisis, Office issue or anything else)
- No refund during/after the event
- Registration fee or partial payment is done to book your slot is non-refundable
The “Offbeat” theme of Muddie Trails
Travelers are requested to refrain from asking our organizers to take them to ABC temple or XYZ church. The itinerary is already decided and posted based on our offbeat theme. The organizer will only change the itinerary/schedule if any place cannot be done because of unpredictable reasons. If you have a wish list of tourist places to tick off in your mind, then probably Muddie Trails is not for you and we request you - please do not register.
Sakleshpur, Hussan, Karnataka, India