Camping Next to a Serene Lake
“I walked slowly to enjoy this freedom, and when I came out of the mountains, I saw the sky over the prairie, and I thought that if heaven was real, I hoped it was a place I never had to go,for this earth was greater than any paradise.”Daniel J. Rice
Difficulty level – Easy
Camping is a dream of every outdoor lover. Driving along the Golden country side, enjoying the water mirroring the sky, camping in the middle of nowhere, pitching tents next to the lake, collecting wood for campfire, and spending the night amidst fulfilling natural setting can be anamazing experience.
Such is the small pleasure that makes a soul happy and gives freedom from materialism. Pawna is an extremely huge and adorable lake near the popular hill station of Lonavala. There are many historical forts around like Lohagad, Visapur, Tikona, etc. to trek around.
03:30 PM – Meet at Lonavala Pick Up Point and board the vehicle to the campsite
Evening – Reach at the campsite and relax. Explore the place and enjoy the sun setting and its reflections on the surface of Pawna Lake as you enjoy your evening snacks
09:00 PM – Dinner (authentic local food)
Post Dinner – Time to engage with games, some inspiring sagas, and Ghost stories!
11:30 PM – Get inside your cozy tent and retire for the night
08:00 AM – Wake-up call
09.00 AM – Have fresh breakfast
10:00 / 11.00 AM – Debrief and start departure for home with beautiful memories
Things to Carry
• Torch (compulsory)
• Personal First Aid Kit
• Jacket/ Sweater for night
• Cap, goggles, sunscreen etc.
• Electral powder / Glucon D / Tang
• A backpack to carry everything (No handbags or jholas)
• Personal Sanitary Kit
• Extra Pair of Clothes and socks
• A light pair of slippers in the bag (for post trek).
• Sleeping bag, Mat
• Light Snacks.
Things to wear
• Casual clothes for the night.
• Sandals/Floaters to walk around the campsite.
• Full/ Half sleeve T-shirt with stretchable Gym Pants/ Yoga/ Track pants/ Shorts. Please DO NOT
WEAR Denims or formals.
• Trekking/ Hiking shoes or a comfortable pair of sport shoes with a good grip.