Jambulmal Trek | Trek to Mumbai's Highest Point
The highest point trek is indeed a trekkers delight and that too right within the city. You'll be hiking through the Bamboo Hut trail, cross streams, negotiate rocky hill slopes, and breathe in the beautiful forest vistas as you continue to quench your thirst for a nice invigorating trek. Once you reach the highest point, you'll get a surreal panorama of the 3 lakes viz. Tulsi, Vihar and Powai in front of you against the back drop of the city –– this is the favourite part of Mumbai city for us. (Yes, not Marine Drive).
For beginners and trekking veterans alike, this trek will help you reach new heights!
This trek is guided by our Wildlife Expert, Omi Patil. With Omi's guidance and presence on this trail, one stands to experience and learn much in detail about the wondrous wildlife specifically in the SGNP forest. His deep understanding of the SGNP forest and its inhabitants will make this trial an enriching experience for any nature lover.
This event is open to both children and adults.
Min required age for children is 5 years.
- Meet at NIC at 7:45 AM.
- Meet and greet the team and other participants
- Start journey to Jambulmaal via vehicle (getting your own vehicle preferred)
- Reach Kanheri Caves followed by briefing about trek
- Start the trek with bird watching, identifying flora and
- Reach the summit by 10 am and indulge in the beauty of
being on the highest point of Mumbai.
- Feast on Breakfast
- Descend towards Kanheri caves and board our vehicle back
- Trip ends by 12 - 1 pm.
Note: As per the pricing regulations of Archaeological Survey of India, Foreign Nationals have to pay an additional amount of Rs. 300/-
- Main Gate Ticket, Kanheri Caves Ticket
- Permissions & Special Ticket for entering the restricted Jambulmaal trail
- Wildlife Expert fee
- Certified Trek Expertise
- First Aid by Certified Wilderness First Responder (WFR)
- Vehicle Ticket (Rs. 150/vehicle)
To ensure our clients have the best and quality, and keeping in mind safety is our priority, we have a limited to our group size.
Sanjay Gandhi National Park - Main Gate
Western Railways, Borivali East, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400066