Night Trek & Camping at Lohagad
Lohagad: This is one of the most interesting forts to visit as it still has its fortification and doorways in pristine condition. The fort dates back to the Satvahan Era and was mainly used to keep a watch on the trade route passing through the Sahyadris.
As one starts ascending the fort, 4 massive doors have to be crossed namely Ganesh Darwaza, Narayan Darwaza, Hanuman Darwaza, & MahaDarwaza. The top of the fort is expansive and has a huge lake built by Nana Phadnis.
The most interesting feature of this fort is the ‘VinchuKatta’, which stretches for almost 2 kms and is slightly detached from the fort. The end of this katta has a bastion which was used for keeping a watch on the region.
As the name itself suggest, the ‘VinchuKatta’ when viewed from the top of the fort resembles a Scorpions Sting.
Height: 3400/3567 Feet above MSL(Approx)
Base Village: Lohagadwadi
06:00 pm: Meet at Malavali Station
06:15 pm: Intro n Trek Start
09:00 pm: Reach Lohgadwadi
09:15 pm: Dinner (Veg/Non-Veg) Give your preference while booking.
09:30 pm: Reach to the Camping Site
10:00 pm: Tent pitching Session
10:30 pm: Campfire, Fun, Group Activity, Enjoy amazing night view of valley, Have a nice sleep
05:00 am: Wakeup call
06:00 am: morning tea & Toilet Facility at Lohagadwadi
07:00 am: Lohagad exploration
09:00 am: Breakfast
09:30 am: Start Descend
12:30 pm: Reach Malavali Station
• Breakfast & Tea
• Camping in Tents
• Expertise, first aid kit
• Safe & secure campground with washroom facility
Note: Campground is at Lohgadwadi
Things to Carry
● At least 2 ltrs of drinking water.
● Torch with extra batteries.
● Photo ID card.
● Good trekking or sport shoes.
● Some ready to eat food (plum cakes, biscuits)
● Jackets (photo accheaate hey)
● Electral/Tang powder/Glucose-D/salt
● Cap, camera, mobiles phones, socks, extra pairs of cloths. (If required)
● Any personal medicine
● Leader's decision will be final and binding.
● Small Steps Adventures reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
● Telephonic confirmation for booking is mandatory; if unable to contact us then send a text message and we will call you back.
● Please do not carry handbags or Jholas or Sling bags on treks.
● Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewelry, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
Cancellation and Refund applicable on the tour cost
●If done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded
●After that no refund will be provided.
Malavli Railway Station
Ekvira Devi Rd, Malavli, Maharashtra 410401