Rajasthan Backpacking to Udaipur Jaisalmer Jaipur
Rajasthan backpacking trip will take you through a journey deep into the roots of the land of Rajputs and Rajwadas, while we cover through three major cities Udaipur, Jaisalmer, and Jaipur.
Rajasthan tourism is quite popular for cultural diversity and traditional approach, which we’ll come face to face while on the tour to Rajasthan. The people, places, monuments and the overall experience of traveling Rajasthan are unique in its own sense.
The cities we are covering on this trip, all have their own different significance and adds up to the pride of Rajasthan. Udaipur is famous for its lakes and is known as the ‘City of Lakes’ or ‘Venice of East’ and Jaisalmer is famous for its forts and desert festival. While Jaipur, which is the capital of Rajasthan is also known as ‘The Pink City’, is the main attraction of Rajasthan.
The best time to visit Rajasthan is during the months of November to February when the Weather in Rajasthan is mild, unlike the weather during summer or winter, which is either extremely hot or extremely cold respectively.
There are various places to visit in Rajasthan such as Lake Pichola and City Palace should be on your itinerary for Udaipur. While Jaisalmer fort, Patwon ki haveli, and Hawa Mahal, Amber Palace makes up for famous places to visit in Jaisalmer and Jaipur respectively.
The reasons you need to check out the Rajasthan Backpacking trip in 2020 are far more than many but if you still got doubts then let us clear them up while you are on a trip to Rajasthan with Justwravel.
Day 1 : Overnight Travel from Delhi to Udaipur
- We assemble at the meeting point by 8pm and leave for our Rajasthan Backpacking trip.
- We travel Overnight from Delhi to Udaipur.
Day 2 : Udaipur Arrival. Sightseeing in the evening
- A 12-hour overnight journey from Delhi is going to take us approximately 650 kilometers away to the beautiful City of Lakes, Udaipur.
- Udaipur isn’t just another city of Rajasthan that you drive by through. Unlike many others, Udaipur in itself is a mine of ethnic culture, greatness, and rich history. Since the journey is long, you’ll be tired. So, today, we’ll be spending our day at the hotel at leisure and start the city tour in the evening. We’ll try and cover a few places and leave the majority of the attractions for the next day.
- We will cover the local market; look for the authentic Rajasthani Thali served everywhere and have our shopaholic self treat ourselves with authentic Rajasthani Handicraft.
- We’ll be doing the sightseeing of one lake, and spend the evening overlooking the beautiful city of Udaipur at Sunset.
Day 3 : Udaipur Sightseeing and Overnight Travel to Jaisalmer
- Today, after covering the majority of the remaining things-to-see which include the likes of The City Place originally built by Maharaja Udai Singh but the final touches were given by the successors, Sajjangarh Palace, also known as the Monsoon Palace named after Maharaja Sajjan Singh overlooking Chittorgarh and originally planned as a 9 Storied astronomical observatory, the Vintage Car Museum managed by the Royal families of Udaipur, and the famous lake namely Pichola, Fateh Sagar and Jaisamand,
- We will be heading towards Jaisalmer overnight.
Day 4 : Jaisalmer Arrival. Desert Safari. Cultural Show
- After arriving in Jaisalmer, we have breakfast and rest in our Camps and later head out for Desert safari at the Sam Sand Dunes. Things you can do at Sam Sand Dunes:
- Desert Camping.
- Desert Safari.
- Camel Rides.Paragliding and other adventures.
- Cultural show from the Rajasthani Folk groups at the campsite in the evening. We end the day in the desert, under billions of stars.
- Dinner and overnight stay in Camps at Jaisalmer.
Day 5 : Jaisalmer Sightseeing and overnight Travel to Jaipur
- Jaisalmer has a huge following from the tourists with incredibly awesome tourist attractions. For some, a day is never enough to get a good look at all the places in one go. But, those who do manage it, they never forget the experience. Jaisalmer is home to beautiful picturesque lakes and forts.
- The Jaisalmer fort, famously called the Golden Fort of Rajasthan was constructed by Raja Jaisal and is ranked as one of the largest forts in the World. The 99 turrets that this fort has, give this fort an amazing look at night, rising from the desert sand.
- BadaBagh or Huge Garden was started with its construction under Maharaja Jaitsingh while his son Lunakaran completed it. The garden served as a memorial for the nobles and their families post-cremation. The place is isolated and offers great sunrise and sunset moments.
- The Gadisar Lake in Jaisalmer which proves to be the most beautiful gem of the Jaisalmer necklace. It’s only a kilometer away from the fort and the people of Jaisalmer once depended on this tank for their water needs. This place also offers Boat Rides.
- Jaisalmer also has Jain Temples, located inside the Fort itself, dedicated to Jain Tirthankars and is based on the architecture of Mt. Abu’s Dilwara Temple.
- Post dinner, we leave for Jaipur.
Day 6 : Jaipur Sightseeing and Night Stay
- The Pink City of Jaipur was named after Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II who founded the city on November 18, 1727. Along with Delhi and Agra, Jaipur forms India’s Golden Triangle, India’s most popular tourist circuit.
- Located 600 kms from Jaisalmer, our city tour begins in afternoon with a visit to Amber Fort, and Palace, Hawa Mahal, Jal Mahal, Jantar Mantar, Nahargarh Fort, Jaigarh Fort among others.
- The rich history of this city is in itself a marvel of India’s widespread popularity in the world. The local cuisine, artifacts, authentic hand crafted slippers and clothes are some of the most sought after things to buy among tourists who visit Jaipur.
- In all its existence, the capital city of Rajasthan has maintained its status as a city that will make you fall in love at first sight. The hospitality, culture, ethnic wears are just some of those beautiful attractions that never cease to amaze.
- Dinner and overnight stay at hotel.
Day 7 : Jaipur to Delhi
- Post Breakfast we start our last day of the tour and finally reach Delhi by evening.
- End of Tour
Transport Delhi to Delhi
Meals as per Plan, 10 Meals ( Day 2- Breakfast + Dinner, Day 3- Breakfast, Day 4-Breakfast + Lunch+Dinner, Day 5- Breakfast, Day 6 - Breakfast+ Dinner, Day 7 - Breakfast)
Camel Safari and Jeep Safari at Jaisalmer
Sightseeing as per Itinerary
Stay on Double/Triple Sharing Basis
Toll Tax and other transport taxes are included
Any meals apart from mentioned in Inclusions.
Any expenses for optional activities or tickets, unless quoted in Inclusions.
Insurance, Items of personal nature like porterage, tips, laundry, etc
Any Entry Fees
Any additional expenses arising out of unforeseen circumstances like cancellation/roadblocks/landslides/ strike or any other natural causes out of human control or any emergency evacuation expenses.
Anything not mentioned in Inclusions
Any Kind of Expense for Loss / Misplaced / Theft of personal belongings.
Booking amount is non-refundable.
No refund of total trip amount will be provided on cancellation, 10 days prior to departure date.
50% of total trip amount can be refunded on cancellation between 11-20 days prior to scheduled departure date.
90% of total trip amount can be refunded on cancellation between 21-90 days prior to scheduled departure date.
100% of total trip amount can be refunded on cancellation, 90+ days prior to scheduled departure date.
If due to any unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control. Act of God, we won't be able to refund the complete amount.
For Cancellations/ Refund Request , kindly reply to the confirmation mail and get in touch with the Team. All cancellations will be considered only after the mail has been received.
Things To Pack
Running Shoes/ Outdoor Shoes
First Aid Kit
Documents – ID (Driver’s License, AADHAR Card, Voter ID :: Passport and Visa copy for Foreign Nationals)
Mobile Charger / Travel Charger