Rishikesh is neither about Rishi nor Kesh
Bat Travels organizes tours for sighted and visually impaired people to travel together as travel pals. As a travel pal when you explain the visual surrounding to an unsighted person, you start noticing more. And the unsighted person is in turn making you notice a peculiar smell, or a faint sound. So say hello to a totally new way of travelling.
Over the years Rishikesh as a city has developed a very distinct personality. It has always had a lot of religious significance. Over time is has transformed into a spiritual centre with meditation and yoga becoming a big draw. Beatles made Rishikesh appear cool for many generations to come. And then the city also embraced white water rafting as a must-do activity with the rapids playing the perfect host. If you are the kind of lazy bum who likes doing nothing, just sitting at the river bank is something you should definitely do. But with us, you will like doing what we have planned for you. So pack some hippie-vibe, and join us.
Commute within the city
Adventure sports mentioned in the itinerary
Transport from and to Delhi
3 meals on Day 1, 3 meals on Day 2, 1 meal on Day 3
Live music mentioned in the itinerary
Walk through Beatles Ashram with a local expert
Water bought for personal consumption
Anything not included in inclusions
Note: Single occupancy can be arranged at an extra cost
- We leave late at night in a bus from Delhi and drive to Rishikesh.
- We reach Rishikesh by noon. We are staying in a resort on the bank of Ganges. We check into our rooms. Freshen up, have lunch. We rest a little and unwind by just sitting at the banks listening to Ganges gurgle past.
- We then leave for Beatles Ashram. This is the ashram where Beatles camped in 1968 to experience transcendental meditation. Now it is abandoned and a piece of art in the midst of jungle. A local guide will be explaining the surroundings and its significance as we feel the surrealism of the place.
-We come back to our resort. Enjoy a bonfire and spend a quiet evening with some soulful music by a local artist. Guys, this will be Gharwali music. How local can we get!
- Wake up refreshed. After breakfast we head for some adventure-sports. We go river-rafting, body surfing and cliff jumping. Yes, get that adrenaline pumping.
- Early evening we go back to our rooms and relax after such an exciting day.
-Bonfire at resort followed by dinner.
- We have breakfast and then check out from our hotel.
- We drive back to Delhi.
sunglasses, sunscreen, water (for bus journey), and love for outdoors.
Rules and Regulations (If any)
Pick-up and Drop-off points: Connaught Place, Delhi
How to get to the venue (incase travel is not included): Travel from Delhi is included
Distance from major cities: 479.3 km from Delhi via Taj Express Highway