Rishikesh Rafting- Brahmpuri to NIM Beach
A go-to choice for first-timers and connoisseurs alike, Brahmpuri to NIM Beach is perhaps the easiest white water rafting trips in Rishikesh. Stretched over 9kms of smooth Grade I-II rapids, small waves, clear channels, and scenic views, makes this a perfect rafting adventure for beginners and pros alike.
RISHIKESH RAFTING WITH LOCALTRIP
Government licensed rafting operators, experienced and trained professional guides, quality rafting, and safety gear.
2. Guaranteed Availability
No more waiting for confirmations. Your rafting trip is guaranteed for the day/time of your booking.
3. Free Change
We understand plans can change and so can your booking with Localtrip. Just inform us in advance and we will reschedule your booking free of charge.
4. 30% off at Localtrip Lounge
Enjoy flat 30% off on food and beverages at the cool and comfortable Localtrip Lounge before and after your trip.
5. Flat 25% off at the Thrill Factory, Shivpuri
Enjoy flat 25% off on reverse bungee, multi-level rope walk and other fun-filled activities, games and great food at the popular Thrill Factory Adventure park in nearby Shivpuri.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
For any reason, if you’re running late or your plans change, please do inform us in advance to reschedule your booking free of charge.
Next, you will proceed to the rafting starting point on the Ganges at Brahmpuri (15-20 mins drive depending on traffic) accompanied by an experienced professional rafting guide. Please remember to carry Rs 20 per person (in cash) for Forest Department toll charge collected en-route.
Once at the starting point, your guide will help you put on the safety gear and prepare the raft for your trip. While we recommend not to carry any valuables/items prone to water damage on the trip, these can be handed over to the guide and safely stored in the dry bag carried on the raft. Please don’t forget to collect these back after the trip.
The activity will commence with a briefing session by your guide to familiarize you with basic rafting, navigation techniques and the necessary safety guidelines. We strongly recommend that you pay full attention and follow your guide’s instructions carefully throughout the trip for a safe and enjoyable experience.
From the starting point at Brahmpuri, you will raft down the scenic 9km stretch of the Ganges, surrounded by panoramic Himalayan views and enjoying the rush of rafting over a few Grade I - II rapids including Cash Flow (Grade I), Initiation(Grade II), and the popular Double Trouble (Grade II). While rafting on calm waters between the rapids, you can enjoy body surfing, swimming and make a brief pit-stop for cliff jumping at suitable spots as per the advice of your guide.
Your exciting white water rafting adventure finishes on arrival at NIM Beach, preceding Laxman Jhula. Here you’ll deboard from the raft, hand-over your safety gear and collect any belongings you may have stored in the dry bag. From here you will be driven back to the Localtrip Lounge @Thrill Cafe in Tapovan where you can enjoy a flat 30% discount on a variety of fast food, refreshments, cold and hot beverages.
In all, the trip takes about 2 hours to complete including rafting and transfers. The times however may vary depending on traffic, water and rafting conditions.
Your trip may have finished but the adventure continues..
Following your rafting adventure, why not head over to the amazing Thrill Factory Adventure Park in nearby Shivpuri and enjoy a flat 25% discount on fun and exciting adventure activities including Reverse Bungee (Slingshot), Multi-level Rope Course, Virtual Reality (VR) games etc. and on a large and sumptuous menu of vegetarian, non-vegetarian food, hot and cold beverages.
Please enquire at the Localtrip Lounge for more details.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE COST
• Certified rafting guide
• Rafting and Safety gear (life jackets and helmets)
• Return transfer from the meeting point to the rafting start and finishing points.
• Flat 25% discount on all activities and food at the Thrill Factory, Shivpuri.
See terms and conditions and FAQs below for more information.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE COST
• Photos and videos (optional)
• Food and Refreshments.
See terms and conditions and FAQs below for more information.
2. Is River Rafting safe for non-swimmers? - You don’t have to be a swimmer to enjoy river rafting and all participants are provided with life jackets. Grade I-II rafting trips with clear channels and minimal waves are safe for non-swimmers.
3. What to do to ensure safety during River Rafting in Rishikesh? - A certified guide/instructor will be with you at all times during the trip and provide a brief training session on rafting, navigation techniques, and the necessary safety guidelines at the start of rafting. It is important to be attentive and follow their instructions carefully throughout the trip to ensure a safe and enjoyable rafting experience.
4. What is the best time or season to go River Rafting in Rishikesh? - The rafting season in Rishikesh runs from April through June and September through December.
5. What kind of clothes to wear on a rafting trip? - During the summer, all participants should wear a swimsuit, synthetic (water-proof) sportswear or t-shirt and shorts. During winter months, the waters can be very cold and wearing a wetsuit is highly recommended.
6. What kind of shoes to wear on a rafting trip? - Wear sturdy footwear - ideally sneakers, wetsuit boots or sandals with straps. Flip flops are not recommended.
7. What not to wear on a Rafting trip? - Avoid cotton, wool or overflowing clothes. Sunglasses or prescription glasses without straps.
8. Can I wear sunglasses, prescription glasses or contact lenses on a rafting trip?- Yes, you can wear sports goggles, sunglasses or prescription glasses with a strap. Contact lenses should be okay.
9. Is there anything else needed for the rafting trip? - Use sunscreen lotion/moisturizer ahead of the trip. The sun and water together can be harsh for the skin. You can also carry a small water bottle and waterproof pouches/bags for your mobile phone or other belongings.
10. What are the things I will need after the trip? - A towel and a change of dry clothes and a bag to carry your wet clothes.
11. How many people are allowed on a single raft? - Maximum 8 people.
12. Is there a weight limit restriction for river rafting in Rishikesh? - Yes, minimum 40kg and maximum 120kg per participant is recommended.
13. What’s the minimum and maximum age for river rafting in Rishikesh? -Depends on the trip, however, average age group is 14-60 years. The maximum age restriction depends on the trip and fitness condition/rafting experience of the participants. Minimum age restrictions are 14+ years for Brahmapuri and Shivpuri to NIM Beach rafting and 16+ years for Marine Drive and Kaudiyala to NIM Beach rafting.
14. Can I bring my camera or phone on a River Rafting trip? - You can bring your phone (preferably in a water-proof wet pouch) but bringing a camera is not advised.
15. Can I click pictures on a River Rafting trip? - You can while rafting between the rapids and not rowing. Please ask the guide before doing so.
16. How long are the Rishikesh River Rafting Trips? - Depends on the trip and length of rafting. The shortest trip is about 2 hours long, while the longest one takes up to 6 hours to complete.
17. How many people do I need to book a full raft? - Minimum 4 and maximum of 8 people per raft are allowed for full raft bookings.
18. Do we have to paddle during the whole rafting trip? - Yes but you can take a break for swimming, body surfing, cliff jumping or simply enjoying the beautiful scenery until you are ready to paddle again. Please ask the guide before doing so.
19. Where do we keep our belongings during the trip? - Each rafting guide carries a waterproof dry bag to hold your belongings while on the water. Do not forget to collect these back at the end of your trip.
Rafting Session Timing
Peak Sessions - 11am, 12pm, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm, and 4pm
Localtrip Lounge at Thrill Cafe, Tapovan
Near Nainital Bank, Badrinath Road, Tapovan, Laxman Jhula, Rishikesh, Uttarakhand 249137