Sandakhphu is located at an altitude of 3636 mts in Darjeeling district of West Bengal. Being the highest point in West Bengal state, this trek is frequented by trekkers; height being just one reason, this is the only trek in India wherein you can see four of the five highest peaks in the world namely Mt. Everest, Kanchenjunga, Lhotse and Makalu.
Trek follows Singalila range and Indo-Nepal border, so you’ll be stepping in and out of India every now and then. You can see the Rhododendron in full bloom during spring season, with about 600 varieties of orchids in the area seeing them in full bloom is another thing to look forward to during the trek.
Day 1 : Pick up from NJP. Overnight at Maneybhanjan
- Our vehicle will pick you from NJP Railway station in the morning.From NJP to Maneybhanjan we will go through Mirik, a hill town with a natural lake.
- You’ll be shown the next day’s trail from a viewpoint on the way.
Day 2 : Maneybhanjan to Tumling. (13 km ~ 7 hr)
- Today will be our first day of Trek. The trail will take you through villages on the Indo-Nepal border. One of them, Meghma has a beautiful monastery. You will start getting views of Kanchenjunga an hour or so into the trek, and it will accompany you for most of the trek.
Day 3 : Tumling to Kalipokhri. (13 km ~ 7hr)
- Enter Singalila National forest. Filled with rhododendron trees, you might be lucky enough to see a red panda in the wild!! Kalipokhri has a sacred lake (the place is named after the lake itself). Sunset at Kalipokhri is a beautiful sight with clouds hovering below the lake’s altitude.
Day 4 : Kalipokhri to Sandakphu. (6km ~ 3hr)
- Today you’ll reach the highest point of West Bengal today. Panoramic views of Lhotse, Everest, Makalu, Kanchenjunga and many other peaks from Nepal, Sikkim and Bhutan.
Day 5 : Sandakphu to Sri khola. (12-13 km ~ 5hr)
- Magical sunrise on the Kanchenjunga massif. Downward trek to Sri khola, a village on the river banks.
Day 6 : Sri khola to NJP
- Today after breakfast our vehicle will drop you till NJP. Trip ends.
Tents ,Sleeping Bags & Mats
Trek guide, cook, helpers, porters & mules for carrying common luggage
Meals during trek
Forest Permits/Camping Charges , if any
Services of a Trek Leader
Transport from NJP to Base Village and return
Any expenses for optional activities or tickets, unless quoted in Inclusions.
Insurance, Items of personal nature like porterage, tips, laundry etc
Any Entry Fees
Any additional expenses arising out of unforeseen circumstances like cancellation / roadblocks/landslides/ strike or any other natural causes out of human control or any emergency evacuation expenses.
Anything not mentioned in Inclusions
Any Kind of Expense for Loss / Misplaced / Theft of personal belongings.
Booking amount is non-refundable.
No refund of total trip amount will be provided on cancellation, 10 days prior to departure date.
50% of total trip amount can be refunded on cancellation between 11-20 days prior to scheduled departure date.
90% of total trip amount can be refunded on cancellation between 21-90 days prior to scheduled departure date.
100% of total trip amount can be refunded on cancellation, 90+ days prior to scheduled departure date.
For Cancellations/ Refund Request , kindly reply to the confirmation mail and get in touch with the Team. All cancellations will be considered only after the mail has been received.
Things To Pack
Down Jacket (Main jacket)
Tshirt or Fleece
Extra pair of Socks
Trekking/ Hiking Shoes (Forclaz 100 and above or Arpenaz 100. Checkout in Decathlon stores)
Rucksack (At least 40L)
Mufflers/ Neck Warmer
Extra pair of Clothes
First Aid Kit
*Add extra thermal layers and sweater during the winter season
3262+22 Jamuna, NepalGET DIRECTIONS